Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown spoilers. No Way Out matches announced

• 30-01-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭

Bloody hell another elimination chamber match? It’s an odd looking line up I expected Kane to be involved and even Punk but Big daddy V and Khali? Seriously both have being buried recently on Smackdown and are both ****e, hopefully though the other four will make this interesting.
    Credit: Billy Krotchsen and Pwinsider.com

Smackdown

- Teddy Long comes out and announces that due to injuries that Vicky Guerrero suffered at the Royal Rumble that he is in charge. He announces that Smackdown will also have an Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out, featuring the Undertaker, Batista, MVP, Finaly, the Great Khali and Big Daddy V. The winner goes to WrestleMania to face the World champion. Long also announces a re-match of Edge defending the World Title against Rey Mysterio. Edge refused the match, saying that he would not face Rey and would defend against anyone else, but Long said the match was official.

- In a Royal Rumble re-match with his career on the line, Ric Flair defeated MVP via DQ. MVP had the figure four reversed but Flair was under the ropes. The referee counted to five, and MVP didn't break the hold. After the match MVP laid out Flair with the ring steps.

- Ric Flair is seen getting medical attention.

- Chuck Palumbo comes to the ring and cuts a promo about the recent events with he, Noble and Michelle McCool. He says he never meant to hurt McCool and that is was all Noble's fault. Palumbo then asks McCool to come to the ring so he can apologize. McCool comes out and tells him that she is sick and tired of his actions and slaps him. He vows to take it out on Noble, and that it will be all her fault.

- Rey Mysterio and CM Punk defeated Chavo Guerrero and Edge

- Hornswoggle and Finlay defeated Deuce and Domino

- 2007 Diva Search winner Eve interviews Batista. He says that he has been in the chamber before, and says he will win and go onto WrestleMania and win the title.

- Jesse cuts a promo and says that Festus is a new man and that they will return to Smackdown next week.

- The Edge Heads defeated Shannon Moore and Jimmy Wang Yang

- The Undertaker and Kane defeated Big Daddy V and Mark Henry when Taker made Henry tap.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Two of the same type of gimmick matches on the one PPV, has WWE done a talent exchange with TNA creative????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

And E.C matches are a poor affair at best IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Goes to show how poor the Smackdown roster is...when Khali and V make it into the match...I wonder what Kane is thinking about their choice? 2 elimination chambers at 1 PPV? Rediculous booking. I get the feeling that the comeback of No. 30 in the Rumble was a very last minute decision as the booking sice then has been hashed together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Goes to show how poor the Smackdown roster is...when Khali and V make it into the match...I wonder what Kane is thinking about their choice? 2 elimination chambers at 1 PPV? Rediculous booking. .

Not really. They're basically just in the thing for Taker or Batista to squash them and make them look strong. And I'd rather Big Daddy V and Khali get that spot than say Matt Hardy and Rey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Goes to show how poor the Smackdown roster is...when Khali and V make it into the match...I wonder what Kane is thinking about their choice? 2 elimination chambers at 1 PPV? Rediculous booking. I get the feeling that the comeback of No. 30 in the Rumble was a very last minute decision as the booking sice then has been hashed together.

at least the smackdown one will be first. I reckon the Raw one will be a lot more exciting, so having it after what will most likely be a smackdown borefest should at least boost the crowd a little. I think the RAW list has more ability to do some nice spots in the EC - the smackdown crowd is too much heavey hitting and not enough agility. Hell, Jeff Hardy alone will keep the RAW one going I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I think its a risk putting two EC's on the PPV but its a good risk imo, they have nothing to lose. WWE need to spice things up a little and I'm looking forward to this No Way Out. Triple H will unfortunately win and face Cena at WrestleMania though. I would love to see Jeff go and shock the world but it ain't happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Dean820 wrote: »
    I think its a risk putting two EC's on the PPV but its a good risk imo, they have nothing to lose.

How's it a risk if they've got nothing to lose?!

I'm thinking that one of them will have something that really makes it stand out. Like Jeff doing a Swanton off the roof. Won't happen, but something similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Its a risk because fans mightn't like it and start bitching about it on forums like these. But its not like they won't be watching the next week right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dean820 wrote: »
    Its a risk because fans mightn't like it and start bitching about it on forums like these. But its not like they won't be watching the next week right?

Their ratings and PPV buyrates are down. People are really turning off WWE [I bet the upcoming incest angle will make more people tune out than in] so it isn't just people complaining on websites then turning around and watching the programs and buying the PPVs. The fact that they feel they have to put 2 gimmick matches on the same PPV event shows they are desperate for a strong buyrate.
    Hell, Jeff Hardy alone will keep the RAW one going I reckon.

He will more than likely be the first one out. Him and HHH will pprobably start and HHH will squash him ending his push [All the writers wanted to put the belt on Jeff at the RR. Only one holdout. Guess who? Mrs. HHH]

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Their ratings and PPV buyrates are down. People are really turning off WWE [I bet the upcoming incest angle will make more people tune out than in] so it isn't just people complaining on websites then turning around and watching the programs and buying the PPVs. The fact that they feel they have to put 2 gimmick matches on the same PPV event shows they are desperate for a strong buyrate.

You make it sound like WWE are in trouble. They're nowhere near that.
    He will more than likely be the first one out. Him and HHH will pprobably start and HHH will squash him ending his push [All the writers wanted to put the belt on Jeff at the RR. Only one holdout. Guess who? Mrs. HHH]

Where did you hear that? I heard that there was people who wanted Jeff to win, but definitely not all the writers

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote: »
    You make it sound like WWE are in trouble. They're nowhere near that.

While they are no where near "going out of business" trouble their buyrates and TV ratings have been very low lately.

Where did you hear that? I heard that there was people who wanted Jeff to win, but definitely not all the writers

Michael Hayes and the other writers were pushing to put the belt on Jeff while Mrs.HHH was the only holdout. Its been reported on wrestling sites.

Michael Hayes and the other writers were pushing to put the belt on Jeff while Mrs.HHH was the only holdout. Its been reported on wrestling sites.

Yeah, I heard that Hayes was pushing for Jeff, but not that Stephanie was the only one who objected

All I heard is that Stephanie was the only one to shootdown Jeff's titke run. Sadly she's the one vote that matters. If her hubby wants to main event WM with a title shot h'll get it if she has anything to do do about it.

Hey look on the bright side. Vince finally got his incest angle. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

While they are no where near "going out of business" trouble their buyrates and TV ratings have been very low lately.

Their buy rates for the run of the mill ppvs aren't wonderful but they're ok and comfortably make money. The "Big 4" ppv's generally do very well.

TV ratings dropped around June when the Benoit tragedy happened. They seemed to lose about .3 or so of a rating. I've a funny feeling that with Cena back and 'Mania on the horizon, they'll slowly get those people back.

WWE are so well run, with so many money streams from tv deals, to merchandise, to ppv buys, to computer games, to dvds (and so on) that they can plod along doing mediocre tv (which to be fair they haven't done lately. Their tv has been very good) and still comfortably make big profits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

That's hardly an objective opinion in itself is it? Also if Jeff did get a title reign now he'd only lose it to Cena before Wrestlemania which would do him more harm then good. At least Orton has had the title for 135 or so days so the loss to Cena won't harm him that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Two EC matches in the same ppv? Pretty weird I gotta say.

Kinda limits what they can do in whichever one goes on first, no-one going through the doors of the chambers or ripping the door off or anything like that. They're gonna have to do something special with each of them to stop people getting bored as hell by the time the second one gets half way through.

Is there enough room for Jeff to swanton off the top of one of those chambers? Just curious, I think I remember rvd doing a frog splash off one of them but don't seem to remember him having that much space, I might be wrong though

If they don't go for a triple threat at WM then I'd love to see Jeff vs Orton instead of lumping them into the MITB match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

orestes wrote: »
    Two EC matches in the same ppv? Pretty weird I gotta say.

Kinda limits what they can do in whichever one goes on first, no-one going through the doors of the chambers or ripping the door off or anything like that. They're gonna have to do something special with each of them to stop people getting bored as hell by the time the second one gets half way through.

Is there enough room for Jeff to swanton off the top of one of those chambers? Just curious, I think I remember rvd doing a frog splash off one of them but don't seem to remember him having that much space, I might be wrong though

Not really cos of the way it as constructed.Maybe a swanton off one of the chambers but unless the design is radically changed that would be about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

what is vince playing at?

if i'm not completely sick of that chamber by the end of NWO i'll be shocked. something huge has to happen in both to keep the audience's attention span because as has been said EC matches are generally not great anyway.

be it storyline-wise (e.g jeff eliminating Hunter!) or massive spots (e.g clothesline from hell through the chamber/swanton off the top if possible)

i cant think of any spots for smackdown...i cant see it being anything but bad come to think of it

crazy booking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Any chance the Smackdown EC could destroy it, so that they have to come up with something else at the "last minute" for the Raw one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the raw one is the only chance of the EC being any good though...i dunno...its all a mess really

again, crazy crazy booking

ideally the smackdown one needs to be destroyed before it starts. vinnie mac can come and rip it down like he tried with 6-man hell in a cell?

though whether he could argue this time that there's 'millions' of dollars worth of talent in the ring is debatable :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

They're basically just in the thing for Taker or Batista to squash them and make them look strong. And I'd rather Big Daddy V and Khali get that spot than say Matt Hardy and Rey.
    But the match itself could be watchable if it didn't included V and Khali. Those two will drag down the match. A match like an EC needs athletes who can take and perform bumps. V and Khali can't even fall down fluidly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

b.ie polar wrote: »
    But the match itself could be watchable if it didn't included V and Khali. Those two will drag down the match. A match like an EC needs athletes who can take and perform bumps. V and Khali can't even fall down fluidly.
    My hope is that both get eliminated quickly though and let the other four go as it although while I’m not worried about MVP, Finlay and Taker lets face it Batista is not exactly Chris Benoit in the ring now is he?
    I don’t know why the hell is Punk not in it?

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I don’t know why the hell is Punk not in it?

Word is that he's "in the doghouse" again

Advertisement