Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

query

• 30-01-2008 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Right so the livery where i keep my horse has just announced a 100% increase in livery, there is no written agreement, but i was wondering do they same laws and rules of normal tenancy apply to horses?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hey there,
    The Landlord and Tenant Act only applies to residential tenancies unfortunately! I'm not sure what recourse you would have, but the fact that you don't actually have a written contract with them would leave you in a vulnerable position. I'm not sure if anyone else would have more helpful advice, sorry! A 100% increase is absolutely shocking though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭dollydishmop

No such luck on the tenancy side.

They are providing a service, and can charge what they like!
    Normally its good business practice to price it competitively though...100% price hike is quite staggering.
    I'm guessing there aren't too many other livery yards in the area?
    If there are, check them out.
    Otherwise you're just going to have to suck up the new price and pay it

Advertisement