Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Air tightness_is there a simple method to check?

• 30-01-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Maybe a stupid question but is there an reprsentative method of checking air tightness for a house besides a professional test?

I notice in my house that when I open an internal hallway door that one [or more] doors will move.
    Not sure if this indicates an air tight house or something as simple as just displacement of air volume?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

nothing that will actually get you a figurative result.... other than the professional test.. however you could purchased a smoke pen (approx €15) and check all details yourself to see where the big protagonists are. You can do this from both the inside and outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭holdfast

You will require a really wind day to do the test, which at the moment should be ok. what you really need is a diiferent of pressure between inside and outside. it will take time. what you really need is a thermal image survey with or without air tightness test is more accurate and will give you exactly what you are looking for. this may cost around 800 euros but maybe following this you could improve the air tightness with a few tubes of flexible filler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

thanks guys
    I've tried to seal as much as ossible yet still maintain ventilation.

May look at professional test in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

This is a link to a free intro guide to AT from the UK
    https://infonet.bsria.co.uk/books-downloads/details/?p=1&i=219351&pa=pdfs&anc=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ollie30

there's a good website for airtight info that i found informative think it's www.seda2.co.uk or .com. if that doesnt get it google seda,it's a scottish building airtightness body

• Advertisement
Advertisement