Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Person crashes and conf in writing he is 100% liable - do I need to tell my ins co?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

After crashing into my parked car the crasher writes a note for me
    conf he is 100% liable for the accident.
    I have all insurance details.

Is there any reason why I have to tell my ins co?
    There will be no claim against me.

Im only with them 2 weeks and I dint want to draw any attention is all.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You can let them know without going through with a claim. Somethings its good to get things semi-formal just in case it turns sour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Did you witness the person crashing and writing a note? it may or may not be an urban legend, but i've heard (through my friends sisters cousins boyfriends gardener) of a chap who came out to his car, saw it had been crashed into, saw a note, but the insurance details on the nite were for some other lad. Apparently the driver of the car that crashed had some sort of issue with the other lad, but had his ph number, addy, insurance number, and left them there for the first chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

worded wrote: »
    After crashing into my parked car the crasher writes a note for me
    conf he is 100% liable for the accident.
    I have all insurance details.

Is there any reason why I have to tell my ins co?
    There will be no claim against me.

Im only with them 2 weeks and I dint want to draw any attention is all.

The person who crashed into you has admitted fault and will probably report it to there insurance company who may contact yours in return so it would do no harm to let them no. The culprit has admitted full reasonability so you will have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

I saw a note on the car and it said "Im so sorry pls contact me on ********* and I thought yeah right, no signature or address.

As it turned out the guy was genuine, it was his mobile. I photo copy
    the ins cert, and the guards met him as well. So its genuine.

gatecrash wrote: »
    Did you witness the person crashing and writing a note? it may or may not be an urban legend, but i've heard (through my friends sisters cousins boyfriends gardener) of a chap who came out to his car, saw it had been crashed into, saw a note, but the insurance details on the nite were for some other lad. Apparently the driver of the car that crashed had some sort of issue with the other lad, but had his ph number, addy, insurance number, and left them there for the first chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

glad to hear it..well not glad to hear you got cras.......ah ya know what i mean!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I saw a note on the car and it said "Im so sorry pls contact me on ********* and I thought yeah right, no signature or address.

As it turned out the guy was genuine, it was his mobile. I photo copy
    the ins cert, and the guards met him as well. So its genuine.

Holy bejeebus! I know people who wouldn't leave a note if it was their own mother's car they hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Lucky you - they left a note. I got my car hit and not a note and even CCTV there but unfortuntely a big rain drop was on the lens of the camera so couldn't make out anything. Now I must go back in the weekend and sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

There were loads of CCTV cameras in that underground so I think that helps keep anyone honest.

edit - I just see the post above. Well keep some honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

There were loads of CCTV cameras in that underground so I think that helps keep anyone honest.
    nope not everyone ^

Advertisement