Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland rolls out 8Mb broadband

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

vibe666 wrote: »
    i honestly couldn't give a fig who's baking it as long as it tastes good! :D
    I know but I was just clearing up any confusion people might have about BT's own 8mb and the separate 7.6mb upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

ah, what's 400kbps between friends anyway? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

In Bray, my number also reports 9th August. hmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Kenmare

mine reports that its being upgraded on the weekend of the 26th july.....

wait :eek:

Should I upgrade from 1mb to 3mb quickly? XD hahal ol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I started on the 2 meg package with bt last year but could only get 1 meg so I downgraded. When I got their mail yesterday I saw that my line is due to be upgraded this weekend. Rang them immediately and got them to test my line. They said it is now capable of 3 meg. Upgraded to 2 meg there and then and it was up to full 2meg speed by last evening. Just waiting to see now if it automatically upgrades to 3 meg over the weekend which they say the 2 meg package will. That would be sweet if it does but doubt it somehow. Anyone on 1meg will not be affect by this...they will stay as 1 meg forever apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Kenmare

Ludo wrote: »
    I started on the 2 meg package with bt last year but could only get 1 meg so I downgraded. When I got their mail yesterday I saw that my line is due to be upgraded this weekend. Rang them immediately and got them to test my line. They said it is now capable of 3 meg. Upgraded to 2 meg there and then and it was up to full 2meg speed by last evening. Just waiting to see now if it automatically upgrades to 3 meg over the weekend which they say the 2 meg package will. That would be sweet if it does but doubt it somehow. Anyone on 1meg will not be affect by this...they will stay as 1 meg forever apparently.

hmm, might be worth a ring then. I cant stand 1mb. I used to be on 16mb internet when I didnt live here. Its just sooooooo slow. 100kbps and 15kbps upload.

Where did the infrastructure development go? If they had upgraded everywhere to fibre optic..... *dreams*

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

Kenmare wrote: »

Where did the infrastructure development go? If they had upgraded everywhere to fibre optic..... *dreams*

This might answer your question

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/836435m-broadband-network-sitting-idle-in-five-towns-1431705.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i've been repeatedly asking about the MAN that was laid around Navan 2 years ago but keep getting bounced from pillar to post and told that it's still 'in testing'.

i keep meaning to write to the local paper but never get round to doing anything about it (which is something that me and them have in common) to complain that we're sitting here waiting for someone to upgrade the old copper network when there's a fibre network that runs past the end of my road less than 500m from my house. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 polarfire

Line Mode ADSL2+ Line State Show Time spacer.gifspacer.gifLine Power State L0 Line Up Time 06:11:18:43 spacer.gifspacer.gifLine Coding Trellis On Line Up Count 5 spacer.gif
    dotted_line_blue_470.gif
    spacer.gifStatistics Downstream Upstream spacer.gifspacer.gifLine Rate 18431 Kbps 1019 Kbps spacer.gifspacer.gifNoise Margin 9.9 dB 11.0 dB spacer.gifspacer.gifLine Attenuation 23.0 dB 9.3 dB spacer.gifspacer.gifOutput Power 11.9 dBm 0.0 dBm

Advertisement