Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta Service - Baldoyle

Options
  • 30-01-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

Anyone any experience of Mongey Plunkett Garage in Baldoyle? Looking to drop Ford Fiesta in for a service. Just got a bad feeling from mechanic I was talking with..

Anyone got any ideas on cost for a typical service with out any major work? Also, if car horn needs to replaced, any rough ideas on cost?
    Thanks!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

They are a Peugeot dealer aren't they? You would be far better to go to an independent garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

donaghs wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of Mongey Plunkett Garage in Baldoyle? Looking to drop Ford Fiesta in for a service. Just got a bad feeling from mechanic I was talking with..

Anyone got any ideas on cost for a typical service with out any major work? Also, if car horn needs to replaced, any rough ideas on cost?
    Thanks!:)

So you've got no horn? (There's my childish giggle for this afternoon).

Surely going to a Ford dealer would be a bit better? Airside Ford is possibly the nearest to you? What gave you the idea of going to a Peugeot dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭woodseb

harmonstown motors would probably be closer, although you would pay main dealer service charges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Hi, thanks for feedback. Other half has car most of the time, and she had been talking with them before as it was near her work. I'm not driving long so didn't do enough research into local garages. Just wanted to get couple of things fixed quickly.

Can you recommend any independent garages around? Someone on Boards recommended a garage that's in the Baldoyle Industrial Estate before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

There's one in the industrial estate there, if she takes a spin around she should find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

donaghs wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for feedback. Other half has car most of the time, and she had been talking with them before as it was near her work. I'm not driving long so didn't do enough research into local garages. Just wanted to get couple of things fixed quickly.

Can you recommend any independent garages around? Someone on Boards recommended a garage that's in the Baldoyle Industrial Estate before.

I did,
    Baldoyle Auto Centre,
    Unit 138 Baldoyle Ind Est,
    Dublin 13
    Ph 01-8321045.

Ritchie will look after you.wont rip you off & is very honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Thanks Mondeoman!:)
    Donagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

this just reminded me of what happened when I took my old fiesta in for a full 10k service 2 years ago.

there was about 500 euro on the bill for various little things, but he told me that the break drums were leaking fluid into them and that the whole lot would need to be replaced at a cost of several hundred more euro and wouldneed to be done pretty quickly so as not to be dangerous.

I said I'd come back to them about it as I didn't have enough cash, but instead I went to the garage I'd been to 4 days previously because my brakes had been squealing. It turned out they were (just about) down to the bare metal which was what the squealing was and it wouldn't have waited till the weekend without damaging the discs & drums. I had the front and rear pads replaced and 4 new tyres, and was charged a fair price so I thought I was okay.

Then, I'd gotten the service at the weekend and they'd tld me this, I thought they must have done a shoddy job at the preivous place when they changed the rear pads so I took it right back to them to complain.

the guy was very upset that one of his lads might have caused this, so he got it lifted up with me present and inspected it himself and the whole lot was bone dry with no problems whatsoever. Needless to say I was more than a little embarrassed and after lots of apologies we both came to the conclusion that even a first year apprentice mechanic would have needed to open up the drums to check the pads for the service and seen new break pads that had been there less than a week and wouldn't have said such a ludicrous thing if this had been the case, so there's no way he had even checked them at all.

so you say, don't go to shoddy back alley garages to get a service. aha, but I didn't. The shysters in question were the "Navan Ford Centre", possibly the biggest official/legit Ford dealership in Meath.

I kid you not. Thanks to them, I now give all my motoring business to the very honest man at the discount tyre centre in the rosemount business park in Blanch, which is very handily right next door to my work and I'm sure to tell everyone who asks me about them, because they'ce always done a decent job and don't cost the earth.

Advertisement