Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAC in the airport..

• 30-01-2008 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows what the prices are like on average for MAC in the airport? Presuming they are better than in BT's?

I need to replace my foundations (studio tech) and a few other bits.. they were in a bag which was stolen from me a few weeks ago! Had just invested in them a week previously, bah! :(

Im flying out to Italy in a couple of weeks and am thinking I might be able to make some savings in the airport on this? Would it be worth the wait?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

Hi

Yeah MAC is cheaper in the airport, can't remember how much exactly but roughly 10-15% cheaper. They have a pretty good selection as well. I always stock up when I'm going through! Defo worth waiting if you have a few things to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

All cosmetics are cheaper in the airport cos they're tax free, MAC included. I buy all my cosmetcis there. As far as I remember a MAC eye shadow is about €14 in BTs but is about €12 in the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yes, do wait! Altho it's a pity there isnt a way of checking whats in stock, as once they didnt have the NW15 or something I needed..but that's just me being me! By the way, I heard once it's the busiest MAC counter in the world?? I really cant back this up but I recall being surprised when I heard it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I just googled it....it's ONE of the busiest:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Last time i was there i wanted to get maybe 6 or 7 things and they only had 1 thing i was looking for! They didn't have a good selection of blushers,eyeshadows, pencils or anything really. Bad form!! Maybe you should ring and see if they have what you're looking for becasue you might be dissapointed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Im flying out to Italy in a couple of weeks and am thinking I might be able to make some savings in the airport on this?

if you're not leaving the EU you wont get it tax free, so its probably going to be the same price, or i have noticed the normal price is sometimes higher in the airport, given its a premium shopping location and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

eyeshadow is 3 euro cheaper and so is lipstick,the stuff i quite good value but as already said they never have anything in stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Great, thanks for the info!

I think ill take the advice and call the day before to check if they have my foundation in stock. it's nice to make even a small saving! (Wish i had stocked up in the states last summer ... )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Seraphina wrote: »
    if you're not leaving the EU you wont get it tax free, so its probably going to be the same price, or i have noticed the normal price is sometimes higher in the airport, given its a premium shopping location and all.

I really don't think this is true. As I said above I buy all my cosmetics in the airport and they're always cheaper by about 2 or 3 euro. I'be bought things in MAC, Clinique, L'ancome, L'oreal, Chanel and YSL. They've all been cheaper than BT prices. I used to work moving around counter to counter in BT for a year or so so I got a good idea of the prices of different products by different brands. That's how I realised the airport was definitely cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Studio Tech is €30 in Dublin Airport, so €5 cheaper

• Advertisement
Advertisement