Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell a Pension ?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I saw Pat Falvey (of Beyond Endurance fame) on the Late Late Show a couple of weeks back.
    He said he financed his Antartic Expedition by selling his pension.

How can this be done ? I have a small dormant pension fund that Irish Life won't let me touch until I'm 55 that I could really do with cashing-in as I'm really strapped and in danger of having my home taken by a sub-prime lender.

CADRJR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

I think it can be done, but note that all the tax benefits you got when contributing to the pension will be reeled back in when you do it, meaning your small pension will get even smaller.

If by doing this you're only putting off the inevitable, it might be worth considering whether it's worth doing this and leaving yourself with no pension.

Advertisement