Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thank you peats.

Options
  • 30-01-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

:)

30012008240.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

You're welcome... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

how much did you get it for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

guess i should expand on this post a little.

today I learnt an invaluable lesson and the importance of recognising/supporting our local shops.

This is my experience with an "e-tailer" who happens to be a big name when it comes to pc components here in the republic with stores in every major retail park.
    Their online ordering system reported that it had in stock an 8800GT.
    I logged in and purchased it.
    Three days later I call them wandering why the status was not at dispatched.
    They informed me their was an error and that the item was not available.
    Ok i said.these things happen right?so they refund the price of the card.

Three days later their stock level for this item goes up to 20 available.
    So I call their customer support and ask them whats the story.I get yes they are in stock and you will have them in four business days.

Eight days later after buying 5 of them they are still not dispatched.

So to cut a long story short I have discovered how these etailors operate.
    They claim to have items in stock when in fact they are in stock with their "suppliers"!
    These companies are openly and blatantly advertising that they hold stock items when in fact this is a lie.

So you see I have put trust in these online ordering systems when they appear to me that it can be utter bull****.

I'm not saying they are all alike but you know what,you just cannot beat the real deal..and that is to go down to your local store and buy one off the shelf.

Yeah so what if you pay a little extra and so what if you may have to wait a little bit longer for it to appear on the shelf but you know what I wouldnt swap the corner shop for any of those e-tailers anywhere in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ok, but you've not told us how much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

• Advertisement

aye and it took me all of 10 minutes to get on me bike go down to parnell street and have a mastercard moment.
    priceless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

zotac 8800gt 512mb from dabs inc delivery = €232.38

zotac 8800gt 512mb from peats = €259.00

thats a difference of 26.62

i think thats more than a suitable amount to pay for on the day pick up.

honestly the "corner shops" dont rip people off half as much as everyone thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well, they often do. They have some stellar deals and then everything else is atrocious. Now, I'm sure Peats is not too bad, but take a browse in Maplins catalogue, see the wonders of last gen's HD2900XT advertised as the hottest card around, and at a mere....550 quid I think? Not to mention 1gb of ddr2 for 120 quid, that sort of thing.

They (retail shops) do have some decent special offers - that 8800GT is a great price for retail, but are normally fairly crap in general terms. PC World still sell an 8600GTS for about 200, and the old 320mb 8800GTS for about 300...yet the odd time you find great bargins, a few months ago they had high end AGP cards (7800 OC) for about 80 quid brand new, clear out pci-e cards for 40 (7600GT class), etc.

I know recently in Maplins though they had an old Sempron 3300+ matx machine for 140, pretty decent, and some old but still functional mobo's for 19.99...

I ordered a HD3870 off Dabs over 25 days ago, still not in stock, keeps changing from 'due soon', to 'due in 1-2 days', to '3-4', back down to '1-2', etc etc. So annoying.

HavoK wrote: »

I ordered a HD3870 off Dabs over 25 days ago, still not in stock, keeps changing from 'due soon', to 'due in 1-2 days', to '3-4', back down to '1-2', etc etc. So annoying.

Thats what really got my blood boiling with the crowd I ordered the cards off havoK.

I tell you this lads,
    I have bought many an item from Ebay and from sellers all over the world and I have NEVER got fooked around like I did the past 10 days with this "pc" store!
    And the sad thing is i bought a few extra to sell on to mates and even to others perhaps to make up the postage on the one I bought myself and I have let them down.

Advertisement