Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to maintain my new card if I need to?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I just got a 7600gt on monday, and was wondering how do I maintain it.
    Make sure it keeps my FPS Up there.

How can I find out fan speed/temperature of it?
    Maybe if every week I check on the temperature...etc I will be able to see If it is still the same as when I got it.

Or
    Should it be fine. I don't need to worry about it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Careful, you gotta toilet train it first, be pixels everywhere for the first while :D

If your not overclocking it, just blow the dust out of the fan every few weeks/months depending on how dusty your room is. Wouldn't be too worried.

If you are overclocking, use rivatuner to overclock, check temps & control fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

in terms of fps just keep the drivers up to date and consider overclocking at a later stage of its life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Is the main purpose of overclocking to get more out of the card. Get more fps out of it??

is overclocking good or Bad??

:confused:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Overclocking is simply increasing the speed your graphics card / processor / RAM runs at. ie : increasing its clock speed.

With your 7600GT for example, it comes with a stock core clock speed
    of 560 Mhz. Using rivatuner or other overclocking programs you can increase the speed up to 600 or 700 MHz. The same way a 2Ghz processor showes better performance than a 1Ghz, so too will your graphics card in the form of more FPS.

There are more details involved, but it is fairly easy to do a simple overclock. And it can save you a few 100 yoyo's when building a new pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

it can however shorten the life of your card but not dramatically its just higher temps mean more stress on the processor and RAM

• Advertisement
Advertisement