Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Only in America- Vending Machine dispences Pot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

Daycent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

A man who said he has been authorized to use medical marijuana as part of his anger management therapy said the vending machine's security measures would at least protect against illicit use of the drug.

"You have kids that want to get high and that's not what marijuana is for," Robert Miko said. "It's to medicate."

ha brilliant! next time I lose my temper in the office I'm just going to spark up and smoke a fat one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Clearly taking the headline out of context. It's a machine for people who carry a card allowing people to use it for medicinal purposes, and requires a fingerprint I.D. and a prepaid medical card. And limits the card holder to an ounce a week. Not exactly a free for all.

That said, I think it's a good idea. You make a friend who's a card holder and they sort you out. Cheaper and safer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The Feds are still arresting people and suppliers in California??? Whats the point in putting it in a big secure box so, having it ready to dump down the bog would be a much better way of doing it. It doesn't really provide any anonymity either since the feds can probably just demand to see the database of users and arrest anyone on it.

Other than that it's a great idea and hopefully we'll see it on every street corner as a replacement for your standard human dealer. Although I'd hate to get on the wrong side of a massive robot dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Petey2006

So if marijuana is 'to medicate,' does that make the munchies a 'side-effect'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Indeed daycent!!! :D Now all we need is a machine like that over here with another one to dispense bongs and gauzes!!! ****in rapid

ScumLord wrote: »
    The Feds are still arresting people and suppliers in California??? Whats the point in putting it in a big secure box so, having it ready to dump down the bog would be a much better way of doing it. It doesn't really provide any anonymity either since the feds can probably just demand to see the database of users and arrest anyone on it.

Other than that it's a great idea and hopefully we'll see it on every street corner as a replacement for your standard human dealer. Although I'd hate to get on the wrong side of a massive robot dealer.
    How would they be allowed arrest anyone on the list when the people on the list are legally allowed to use marijuana for medicinal purposes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Id have expected the subject to be more "Only in Amsterdam..."

As stated this is for medical weed only and has tight security around it. Id have thought coffeeshops would be a better idea to sell the stuff ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mirror wrote: »
    How would they be allowed arrest anyone on the list when the people on the list are legally allowed to use marijuana for medicinal purposes?
    But it says that it's not recognised under federal law which I would have thought superseded state law meaning the law is a load of bollox.

Petey2006 wrote:
    So if marijuana is 'to medicate,' does that make the munchies a 'side-effect'?
    Getting the munchies is one of the main reasons people use it so I don't think it could be called a side effect.

But it says that it's not recognised under federal law which I would have thought superseded state law meaning the law is a load of bollox.

Getting the munchies is one of the main reasons people use it so I don't think it could be called a side effect.
    Ah yes... I could swear the last six paragraphs weren't there when I read the article the first time! Odd that, the fact that dispensaries even exist at all considering it's all completely illegal, why is it only now supposedly that the feds are moving to shut it all down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I once got a frying pan from a vending machine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Archeron

I really hope there'll be a mars bar vending machine on one side and a meanies vending machine on the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thats nothing, McDonalds are doing drive thru pot nowadays. :) (vid on youtube)

Ruu wrote: »
    Thats nothing, McDonalds are doing drive thru pot nowadays. :) (vid on youtube)
    He's so good he can't even link to a drug related video! :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,483 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Constitutionally (in simple terms), crime is the responsibility of states, not the federal goverment. It becomes a federal case under certain circumstances, e.g. if there is an interstate element.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

He's so good he can't even link to a drug related video! :eek: :D

Nah there was pr0n links in the youtube page info. *washes eyeballs*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Thats just waiting to get ram raided :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Winters wrote: »
    Id have expected the subject to be more "Only in Amsterdam..."

As stated this is for medical weed only and has tight security around it. Id have thought coffeeshops would be a better idea to sell the stuff ;)

i lived in amsterdam and you can get weed/hash/magic mushrooms 16 hours a day and 5 gram limit per shop so its not bad at all. they have vending machine fast food though and it aint bad. burgers and dutch fast food you can get in it. google ''FEBO''

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Simple. The Feds do not recognise the concept of medical marijuana. As a result, it is not unheard of for them to raid pot clubs licensed by the State. Similarly, the California Supreme Court ruled a week or two ago that there is no protection for a user of medical maijuana from being fired should he fail a drugs test at work.

I've always wondered what would happen if the State decided to put National Guard troops guarding pot clubs, and the DEA tries to raid it.

In practise, however, the Feds have a more pragmatic outlook. They tend only to raid pot clubs that appear to be doing a little more business than their amount of licensed medicinal users would indicate that they should be doing, and the local DEA administrator has indicated that going after licensed medicinal users is not a particularly productive use of federal resources, they prefer to target suppliers.

NTM

Advertisement