Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That jerk Duffy

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I cant remember detail - it was covered in todays Sunday Times which I had a vey brief glance at round my sisters place.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Del Davis was a fine stand in for Joseph bring him back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"I'm the finest" and a lot of fishy tales.

Mike.

Fish-Dish%5B1%5D.jpg

good lad derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Davis was the best presenter of that show ever maybe with exception of Marian. He was everything Joe is'nt and was basically your average realistic, pragmatic man unlike sanctimonious,pious,sensationalist Joe. Duffy puts his liveline persona on to manipulate all the old people and cranks listening to his show for ratings and drama. Joe Duffy,day time radio's agent provocateur.

Davis was the best presenter of that show ever maybe with exception of Marian. He was everything Joe is'nt and was basically your average realistic, pragmatic man unlike sanctimonious,pious,sensationalist Joe. Duffy puts his liveline persona on to manipulate all the old people and cranks listening to his show for ratings and drama. Joe Duffy,day time radio's agent provocateur.

well said sir i dont understand why he is not asked back to stand in for joe
    maybe the feedback coming back to rte is that people prefer the calming laid back non sensationalist style of Derek Davis and joe did not like it and said no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Derek Davis is one of the few palatable broadcasters left these days.

He's the finest, and sure there's atein' and drinkin' on him. Grill lightly for 30 minutes, serve with Shallots and Garlic and he'll feed a family of five for at least a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

There was a really good guy on the morning current affairs show on LMFM, but he left to go to RTE. Don't know what he's doing in there now though

Paul Maguire? He's a regional correspondent for RTÉ news now and does some good work.

Cooincidentally, I was going to suggest his successor, Michael Carolan who hosts LMFM's Loose Talk morning show as a good alternative to Joe.
    he has a website with his name in the domain....don't recall the URL offhand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

Joe's reached legendary status by now.A giant of Irish radio.Well done Joe;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Wertz wrote: »
    Paul Maguire? He's a regional correspondent for RTÉ news now and does some good work.

Cooincidentally, I was going to suggest his successor, Michael Carolan who hosts LMFM's Loose Talk morning show as a good alternative to Joe.
    he has a website with his name in the domain....don't recall the URL offhand...

I'd like to correct myself on that post...I said the guy's name was Michael Carolan, which was incorrect. Outside the time limit for editing.

The name I meant to post was Michael Reade.
    http://www.lmfm.ie/presenters/presenter_detail.asp?pres_id=100059

Excellent presenter...although the show can be hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Heard Damien O Reilly o LL today. I know he was trying but really Damien stick to Farm Week. Maybe Joe was off defending a liable case but I have to say I really like Joe on LL.

Amazing the way they can neverr get a heavy hitter to stand in. There must be someone there that can rally people, drop a caller if they are going on too much.

All I say keep up the good work Joe I think you're great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Greenman wrote: »
    Heard Damien O Reilly o LL today. I know he was trying but really Damien stick to Farm Week. Maybe Joe was off defending a liable case but I have to say I really like Joe on LL.

Amazing the way they can neverr get a heavy hitter to stand in. There must be someone there that can rally people, drop a caller if they are going on too much.

All I say keep up the good work Joe I think you're great.

Sorry pal - way off the beam there - Dufficer is a complete tabloid jerk who is just not suited to programmes like this - agree with a pevious poster - best man is Davis or perhaps Leo Enright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Sorry pal - way off the beam there - Dufficer is a complete tabloid jerk who is just not suited to programmes like this - agree with a pevious poster - best man is Davis or perhaps Leo Enright.

Well its all down to preference, I like Joe and you don't.

He must be pullig in the punters, what are the latest ratings.

FC Do you ever switch over to Newstalk when he's on ?

Advertisement