Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crysis for the 360 and ps3?

• 30-01-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

interesting
    Despite previous claims that its super-duper new gaming engine was far too complex for current-gen consoles, Crytek will nonetheless go ahead and announce its conversion to multiplatform at the Game Developer's Conference in February.
    In a closed-doors presentation, the company said that it will demo Cry Engine 2, which powers its shooter Crysis, on Xbox 360 and PS3. The move will spark renewed speculation that a console conversion is on the way which, let's face it, was always likely anyway - particularly given the game's relatively poor financial showing for EA over Crimbo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Something of a dead link there buddy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Pretty sure they confirmed it at one stage, but said it would be a completely different game with just the same name, as 360/PS3 could not handle its awesomeness :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

But such talk is mere speculation. We'll have to wait for GDC to find out what Crytek actually plans.
    Crytek always had plans for a different console game to show off their engine, that article says its speculation which it is, couldn't see Crysis coming to consoles after seeing it on pc, and tbh youze arnt missing much... Far Cry 2 looks great and should play better looking at the trailers. My guess is EA will create a Crysis instincts for consoles using CryEngine 2, I doubt a port will be arriving ;)

Nick

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

yoyo wrote: »
    EA will create a Crysis instincts for consoles using CryEngine 2, I doubt a port will be arriving ;)
    I was thinking the same thing. Farcry: Instincts was an insult to the Farcry name. As powerful as the new consoles are, there is no way that they would be able to handle Crysis at anywhere near the max settings...but since thats the exact same with most pc's atm, who knows.

Kiith wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing. Farcry: Instincts was an insult to the Farcry name. As powerful as the new consoles are, there is no way that they would be able to handle Crysis at anywhere near the max settings...but since thats the exact same with most pc's atm, who knows.
    Well in fairness man, Far Cry hadnt really a brilliant story either, it did have brilliant graphics for its day though! I'll tell yiz though Far Cry 2 is one worth watching! There using a inhouse engine and it looks stunning and looks like it could be interesting gameplay (Could be really boring aswell though lol)

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

yoyo wrote: »
    Well in fairness man, Far Cry hadnt really a brilliant story either, it did have brilliant graphics for its day though! I'll tell yiz though Far Cry 2 is one worth watching! There using a inhouse engine and it looks stunning and looks like it could be interesting gameplay (Could be really boring aswell though lol)

Nick
    I didnt really mean story wise, just general gameplay wise. It was nothing like the original on the pc, and was widely considered to be total ****.

But yes, i am really looking forward to Farcry 2. The engine looks great, and the effects (like the fire that actually burns) is cool. Like the way the AI works too (with the 3 basic needs that they have to fulfill every day...Sleep, Eat, and Drink)

Kiith wrote: »
    I didnt really mean story wise, just general gameplay wise. It was nothing like the original on the pc, and was widely considered to be total ****.

But yes, i am really looking forward to Farcry 2. The engine looks great, and the effects (like the fire that actually burns) is cool. Like the way the AI works too (with the 3 basic needs that they have to fulfill every day...Sleep, Eat, and Drink)
    I suppose man your right, pc far cry did have a good few good bits :) And visuals to boot. Yeah Far Cry 2 looks amazing, lets hope it doesnt turn out to be poor... Its cool the way you must manually remove bullets from your skin if your hit :)

Nick

Advertisement