Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

not 1 call from carzone 550+ but views in a week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

So you a lawyer with pink shirts and long pointy crocodile skin shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

this is turning into an abuse the op because he owns a boxster thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

Do you mean the NEON things :eek:???

come on will you pls swap your diesel golf for my car

slideways wrote: »

do u have a burberry hat ?:D

roughan wrote: »
    do u have a burberry hat ?:D
    No i swapped it for some taste...

• Advertisement

No i swapped it for some taste...

seriously though how can u compare a diesel golf to a Porsche

Power , Performance , Class , Luxury ,Looks im baffled

im not out to offend you but when did you last see a group test say on Top Gear with a Boxster, Z4 ,and a diesel golf ? , a GTI maybe but thats a WAY different car

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

but u had one??....

mik_da_man wrote: »
    but u had one??....

OK Getting back on track lads i will update the photos over the weekend and see how we get on
    Bear in mind its only up a week !
    R

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

This thread has not been without blows from several sides, not helped by some inconsistencies between posts in this thread and in other threads on boards.ie and in external threads

OP has responded well to points made out to him
    mik_da_man wrote: »
    Not knocking ur car OP but if I were to buy a porsche a boxter would not be it....

Maybe you don't like the looks of the boxster, but a Porsche it is by all means.

:rolleyes:

Alright low blow on my part will retract my statement...
    but do not under estimate the gttdi, it has made a show of many petrol cars including an is200 and many a boy racer in a civic
    Hope the pink shirt comment didnt offend thow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

but do not under estimate the gttdi,
    Oh please:eek: It's not Luke Skywalker, it's a diesel (and a stoneage 1.9 diesel at that).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

To the OP.
    There have been a lot of questions asked about this car, which you have avoided answering. Whatever chance you had of selling it, are diminishing with this strange approch to sales.
    Never crashed, then posts about crashes. If people can't trust the add, they can't trust the car or the seller.

Also, to those who harp on about a boxster not being a real porsche.
    Nothing smacks of ignorance in automotive knowledge than comments like that.
    Either go drive one, or spend less time on boards and more time working to earn enough to try one.

A golf tdi is nothing to get excited about, and a warmed over fart would be more impressive off the line.

The are farmers transport, or for "men" whose wives wouldn't let them buy a GTI.

If you are going to slag off other motors, at least have something between your legs to back it up with.

Fair play, slideways. A real man is able to apologise when he is wrong.

maybe you should take a wee test drive of a proper car* ;)

* as cancan said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

love these threads:D

this brings back memories of the classics of all classics. that vauxhall vxr 220 roadster one in the uk, if anyone remembers.

but this isnt half as sinister.... yet:p

we need to reserve judgement until the nct/mot thing is clarified and proper pics from a driveway are posted.

but its january and it would take a harty soul to buy a 10 yr old porsche boxter in these dreary months......

even if i was loaded i wouldnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Just read this thread from start to finish....
    Sounds like alot of people would like a Porsche but cant have one and are a tiny bit jealous........
    Whats wrong with a Boxster guys??? Honestly....TELL ME???? Your all suposed to be "Motoring Enthusiasts"
    This Boxster dose seem a bit pricey.....forget the whole bring it over from the UK is cheaper thing...Alot of people arnt prepared to do that....regardless of the saving.
    If you realy wanna sell it OP drop it to the second cheapest for sale in Ireland.....something like 22/23k and it will fly.
    Just out of interest...you say your getting a newer one....why not trade this one in???
    ALso the Porsche Dublin service history...As in Belgard??? They are Muppets!!

On the subject of Porches with "History".....Check out this one...
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=836490

Its for sale at a roadside dealer on the N11 near Redcross......for some reason ot says private sale.......:rolleyes:
    Anyway....I heard it had hit a wall some time back.

Good Luck selling the Car OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Just a small thing that always annoys me and I would have expected better on a Porsche. The thing is the wheels only make sense if the car is going backwards. I'm sure the wheels on the other side are going in the correct direction i.e. ther should be 2 differents sets of wheels for each side rather than 4 all the same. Anyone agree?

Also, "it has been in the family since new" doesn't have anything to with how many owners it has had. Why don't you start telling the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads the not a real porsche comments are nonsense, its not as if another friggin co makes the thing, porsche do, IT IS A REAL PORSCHE and a very very good one by all accounts

oh and stereotypical GT TDI owner has made my day, thats some funny stuff :D

bet you car is the fastest thing on the road, is the the red i 130bhp version ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Cyrus wrote: »
    lads the not a real porsche comments are nonsense, its not as if another friggin co makes the thing, porsche do, IT IS A REAL PORSCHE and a very very good one by all accounts

oh and stereotypical GT TDI owner has made my day, thats some funny stuff :D

bet you car is the fastest thing on the road, is the the red i 130bhp version ;)

Is the GT TDi not 150bhp???

Not that it matters realy...its still a Golf diesel....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

id take my old TDI golf over your boxter anyday nearly 60 more ft/lbs of torque and 50mpg!

Plus i will gladly race you up a steep incline with 4 adults in each car(oh wait you cant get four adults in yours) i jest i jest :)

also I much prefer my leather recaros to your seats and the BBS to your twistys :D

On a slightly more serious note:

I had respect for you at the start of this thread but your dodging of certain questions and your mocking of other posters has lessened that,sure you have been ridiculed but why rise to it?

Also

What cars go for and what cars actually fetch in the end are 2 different things,i recently sold the above mentioned golf,when advertising it i checked carzone etc and lesser spec gols with higher mileage were going for upto 2 grand more than i asked for and got(within 5 days of advertsing) im sure those golfs are still for sale and will be for a very long time!

Also when some one else mentions an experience they have had with a car they were selling it doesnt mean that they are comparing it to yours!!

As for the guy who called the pump dusse 1.9 stoneage please,tharts a kin to so called motorheads saying the boxter is not a real porsche!!!

A little off topic but the old petrol/diesel debate is what is stone age esp when you have diesel engines like the 5.0TDI and 3.0 TDI vag engines(not to mention the le mans winning audi) and the 335 diesel engine.

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Is the GT TDi not 150bhp???

Not that it matters realy...its still a Golf diesel....:p

to be fair im not sure there is such a thing as a gt tdi, not officially anyway so it can even be the 115bhp version if the owner chooses ;)

• Advertisement

this brings back memories of the classics of all classics. that vauxhall vxr 220 roadster one in the uk, if anyone remembers.

I remember that one alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

fwiw, a Boxster sold in Galway recently for 19k. Whatever you think of the car, it was good value for someone.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'm sorry but that's actually quite funny, I wasn't going to get into the real porsche debate, but another company does in fact make the boxter. A finnish company who's name escapes me at this time but they used also make the calibra for opel in the past. That said, it's a porsche design from the ground up.

Edit: valmet is the name of the company IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

roughan wrote: »
    its been in the family since new with every service stamp by Porsche Dublin
    OK, third time lucky: It says in the ad that the car has one owner from new. Is this true or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Regardless of if it's a "real" Porsche the Boxster is still a car with some serious image and credability issues. Someone in the market for a "fun" car, willing to look at cars 10 yrs or so old and with 25 - 30K to spend is really spoilt for choice. For example the Lotus Elise, Audi TT or thier pick of any number of TVR's. If they are happy to move around on age and LHD then M3, M5 and even the big daddy 911 are also available so there is a lot of competition. Personally I have never liked the styling of the Boxter and wouldn't be interested in one but - like I said - if the OP is willing to stand around and wait a few months someone will come along and take it off his hands. how long he waits will depend on teh ad re-write, the photos and the level of his price drop.

to be fair im not sure there is such a thing as a gt tdi, not officially anyway so it can even be the 115bhp version if the owner chooses ;)
    Hate to dis agree but the old ones were 115, the new ones with PD are either 130 or 150. Badged as gti in uk, with the same spec in suspension and interior, thats why i took the badge off, in case any snot nosed oike thought it was a petrol that just pissed away from him up the hill
    150 has bigger turbo and front mounted intercooler
    oh and it says "gt tdi" on the log book

Regardless of if it's a "real" Porsche the Boxster is still a car with some serious image and credability issues. Someone in the market for a "fun" car, willing to look at cars 10 yrs or so old and with 25 - 30K to spend is really spoilt for choice. For example the Lotus Elise, Audi TT or thier pick of any number of TVR's. If they are happy to move around on age and LHD then M3, M5 and even the big daddy 911 are also available so there is a lot of competition. Personally I have never liked the styling of the Boxter and wouldn't be interested in one but - like I said - if the OP is willing to stand around and wait a few months someone will come along and take it off his hands. how long he waits will depend on teh ad re-write, the photos and the level of his price drop.

an audi tt, over a boxster :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I'd take an Audi TT over a Boxter any day of teh week.

The TT is an amazing piece of styling, still looks the biz now. The interior is fantastic and - with the coupe - you get an extra pair of seats. Only big enough for kids or shopping but better than none. With a 1.8 it's cheaper to run, tax and insure. It's a standard VAG engine so servicing and parts are cheaper. It's not a Porsche so you don't get the attitude from other drivers (ever try pulling into stop start traffic in a 911? It takes a while). And it's not like the Audi is slow; 0-60 in 7.6 seconds and a top speed of 139 on a first gen car. Slower than the Boxster but not signifigant enough to worry you in the real world. Handling on the TT is also top notch and the advantage of all wheel drive for the 365 days of rain we get.

In skilled hands the Porsche will be faster round a track. And it has a better badge. Beyond that the TT has every advantage.

in my opinion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

indeed...........there's a 270bhp TT outside my door, and cost an awful lot less than a Boxster - and has a nicer interior.

The only thing stopping me buying a Boxster is the lack of rear seats - I already have an old MX-5, and that gets almost no use, as it is. Hence looking to change to a 993, or maybe even a 996 in lieu of my 968.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

Handling on the TT is also top notch and the advantage of all wheel drive for the 365 days of rain we get.

top notch? not according to anyone else?:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement