Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

not 1 call from carzone 550+ but views in a week

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

roughan wrote: »
    This Thread should be in AH
    i have to laugh at the Irish mentality
    i asked for advice on an add..
    i was expecting some friendly tips
    but noooooooooo

instead i was subject to investigation ,riddicule,envy, accused of moaning
    stated various big debates ,etc
    and now someone in a " tae day jay tae eye" wants me to stay in on the weekends????????

Don't mind the golf comparisons, that's just the opinion of someone who clearly knows nothing about cars. Don't mind the riddicule or the envy, or the debates. However it's no harm for the investigation, I've no objections with that. I think you'd like it if you were about to buy something and people here were showing history that the seller forgot to mention, however insignificant it may be. Things like number of owners. Thats a clear cut thing. Anything other than the actual number of owners is a lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

2 posts in a row, bad habit but anyway...

In the interests of attempting to be helpful - we're all knocking but there haven't been many constructive comments.

Your ad text currently reads:

Stunning Porsche Boxster Ocean Blue with UnMarked Savanagh Leather Interior with Heated Seats On Board Computer Electric Seats Luxe Pack (more leather) Just been Permashined (www.permashine.ie) Enthusiast owner Porshce Club Ireland member FULL & Complete Porsche service history Never Crashed or abused 4 New tyres Taxed till April Nct till April 2010 Air Con blows Ice cold Owner buying another Boxster (987) Not a single Fault Needs Nothing any test welcome

With that you use almost all of the Carzone space allocation, but a lot of it is wasted. We can see it's a Porsche Boxster thats blue with tan interior so why tell us? All modern cars have an onboard computer, thats not a useful use of space. Nice to hear about the permashine but you don't need to URL it (anyone that interested will Google it). You don't need to spell out the history, we all know the abbreviations. Likewise with the air con - nice to know it has climate control but why would I need ice cold air con in a convertible? If it's that hot I'll drop the top!

If it were my ad I would write:

Unmarked and perfect inside and out, Permashined ext & upgraded leather int from new with heated/ electric seats, PCI member car, FPSH, UK import, climate control, CAT 1 alarm, 2 owner car, 4 new tyres and long NCT. Owner buying newer Boxster

243 characters, leaving you the same amount of space again to push the sales points. Why do people buy boxsters? Push that in the ad - the engine size, bhp, any suspension work you've done, etc. If you've never track day'd the car say so. And drop your price - if identical cars are the same price at a dealer then why would I buy private? And looking at that post from before you are trying to make a profit on the car which - on a modern one like this - is stretching it a bit. Drop the price to 22 and expect to haggle down to 20K and that car should be gone in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Have you tried any of the gay community websites? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry couldn't resist!!!

Most people on here have tried to make constructive criticisms but you have reacted badly to all both constructive and non constructive which in fairness isnt helping you.

Its sad to say as the boxter is a great little car but truthfully you will do very well to sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

tossy wrote: »
    PMSL Failing that a poster on the wall of the George??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

QUOTE]

are u familiar with any?

• Advertisement

Sorry couldn't resist!!!

Most people on here have tried to make constructive criticisms but you have reacted badly to all both constructive and non constructive which in fairness isnt helping you.

Its sad to say as the boxter is a great little car but truthfully you will do very well to sell it.

Peugeot Boxter
    Porsche BoxSter

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Enough already of those homophobic remarks on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Car never "CRASHED"
    i drove over something which cut 2 pipes which were replaced by Porsche Dublin

"Crashed Porsche into concrete in missing of road can i claim from council"
    just got a quote from Porsche for 9.6k Damage to car

Your words, not mine!

have yous got nothing better to do at all ?

tell u what im going to offer
    i will offer to meet anybody who thinks i am selling a dodgy car
    to come meet me and do a full review on the car
    u can then publish ur review on boards to see what u think

any body who thinks i am hiding anything or thinks the car is a wreck is welcome to view it and see what a fine piece of german engineering it is and how perfect it is and how truthfully i have described it

we will see how big they are face to face when they cant hide behind a keyboard writing smart comments and they can give me (and you) an honest apraisal of the car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Round 1... FIGHT!

roughan wins...
    FATALITY! :D

Looks like the gloves are off in this thread!

A little more on topic, it seems like a lot of money to be spending on a car in a private sale.

If I was spending that much on a car I would like to go through a dealer, get a warranty etc. Maybe that's making the sale slow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I dont know about the Boxster, Im a 911 owner, but I have been watching the 911 section on the Carzone site, and cars seem to be very slow to sell there.
    Plus for 10k more you can buy a 911 ( water cooled though)

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=837976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Peugeot Boxter
    Tut, tut! That's Boxer, no t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

tell u what im going to offer
    i will offer to meet anybody who thinks i am selling a dodgy car
    to come meet me and do a full review on the car
    u can then publish ur review on boards to see what u think

any body who thinks i am hiding anything or thinks the car is a wreck is welcome to view it and see what a fine piece of german engineering it is and how perfect it is and how truthfully i have described it

we will see how big they are face to face when they cant hide behind a keyboard writing smart comments and they can give me (and you) an honest apraisal of the car

Your ad says it was never crashed
    By your own admission you said you crashed it

Whatever the condition of the car its not the point, the point is you said one thing in the ad i.e. never crashed when in fact it has been crashed.

If i bought a car under the pretence it was never crashed and then found out it was i would take legal action against you for withholding that fact

What do you expect people to think ?

UNKEL can u close this thread its getting ridiculous

no it hasnt been crashed
    and as far as i know u would not get very far with legal action on a 10 year old car on a private sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

no it hasnt been crashed
    and as far as i know u would not get very far with legal action on a 10 year old car on a private sale

A. Doesn't matter how old the Car is.
    B. Your selling the car under false pretences.

I don't know what you define as a crash, in this case you hit something, caused 2 grands worth of damage to the car. Then advertise it as "Never crashed" i'm assuming in the hope that the person buying it won't ask.

A crash is a crash regardless, regardless of if its your fault, someone elses or how major/minor it was.

If YOU bought a car and found out it had 2k in repairs for damage caused from an impact i dont think you'd be too happy either, certainly you'd be back at the dealers looking for your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Closed at the request of the OP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement