Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target Shooting Clubs Give Newbies a Chance

Options
  • 30-01-2008 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

___________________________________________________________________________________

PS.

I see there has been 92 hits and no postings on the previous thread, if any of the viewers(Club Members) don't want to contact me, would you please put this idea to your Committees, for them to take it on.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Dublin Target Sports Club

(Fee's)
    200 Membership - Join up 100 Euro - Insurance if you don’t have it ( 55 Euro )

We are interested in taken on new members, but what we don't want is people joining the club just to get their license. Maybe this is why a lot of the club’s fee's are high, if the fee is expensive you more likely to attend and get the value for your money.

We have an idea! and we would like comments from boards.ie shooting forum members, ( to run a competition/draw through Boards.ie ) and to try to get other clubs to do the same to bring new blood into the sport.

We would give the winner one years free membership, pay the first years insurance and pay for their first Rifle or Pistol, but the winner would have to be a newbie, willing to be dedicated to the sport of Target Shooting and attend the range on a regular basis and get involved in club/ inter club competitions.

We do have a format in mind as to how this could be done that would include
    Boards Target shooting forum and Clubs.

If any of the groups mentioned above are interested in this idea please PM me.

Michael O'Connor
    Secretary to Dublin Target Sports Club
    Activities, Pistol Shooting, Bench rest Rifle, Compound and Recurve Bow.

Advertisement