Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing movie from creative vision m on TV

• 30-01-2008 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi all,

The hubby asked me to post this, he bought a creative vision m, last week he bought the audio-visual cable (red,white and yellow cables) from the creative site in order to watch movies on our tv. However he can't seem to get it going, he set the player to output using the PAL specification and he set a tv channel to av but no luck. The same tv doesn't seem to work with the remote either, maybe the remote sensor is gone and could this be linked to the creative problem, thanks in advance for any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

sounds odd. it could possibly be on the wrong AV channel as most tv's have multiple av inputs. for example i have 4. 1 for vcr, 1 for dvd, 1 for sky and the 4th one is used when i plug in my zen. also changing between av channels can be tricky without the remote as, in my experience anyway, most tv's dont have a specific button on the tv to change to the AV channel/s.

Also, stupid question, but he does have it plugged into the slot on the dongle rather than the headphone port right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

FWIW, it works fine for me.

I had a cable that had the red/white/yellow (RWY) jacks at one end and a 3.5mm jack at the other. The 3.5mm jack went into the adapter that came with the VISION:M and it worked fine, even though CREATIVE documentation claimed that it would not.

I also bought a no-brand cable, like CREATIVE's own 'proprietary' one, that plugs direct into the VISION:M (similar, in appearance, to an iPOD cable) with the other end the RWY jacks. It too works, on multiple TVs.

Are you sure that your TV's AV sockets are working ? Can you test using something else ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

grimm2005 wrote: »

Also, stupid question, but he does have it plugged into the slot on the dongle rather than the headphone port right?

its probably this.

Advertisement