Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why don't stores sell lamb steaks?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

ie. Leg of lamb chops??

There lovely. I have only tried tesco and the butchers across the walkway from the entrance.

I have a lovely recipe lined up for this evening. Anyone know where I can buy them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is the stupid title a guess - or have you tried all shops?

Try the butchers on Mainguard street or the one on Market street. They'should have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

biko wrote: »
    Is the stupid title a guess - or have you tried all shops?

Explain your stupid comment please.

Lamb steaks are cut from legs of lamb. The stores have legs of lamb but they will not cut chops off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Any half decent butcher can give you any cut you ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Try Divillys (sp?) in Westside (beside Dunnes).

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

galah wrote: »
    Try Divillys (sp?) in Westside (beside Dunnes).
    Divilly's will give you anything for the right money. Anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ie. Leg of lamb chops??

There lovely. I have only tried tesco and the butchers across the walkway from the entrance.

I have a lovely recipe lined up for this evening. Anyone know where I can buy them?

Umm .. chops are not the same as lamb steaks. Every butcher I've seen here has lamb chops. Definitely the one near Dunnes in Eyre Square does. But almost no one has lamb steaks. I'm guessing 'cos they're wayyy to expensive.

Back home, chops cost the equivalent of 4-euro/kg, while lamb steaks are perhaps 11-euro/kg. And we've got 40 million sheep to make 'em from, rather more economies of scale than you find here :D

PS do not ask me what part of the lamb's body they make lamb steaks from. Do I look like a butcher ... no! Google it yourself! I just know they're different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭AircraftTechie

All Dunnes Stores do.

Advertisement