Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poster on the Luas??

• 30-01-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I was travelling on the Green Line Luas last night and there was a poster advertising Paddy Power bookmakers. Selotaped on this was an A4 sheet of paper that read "Paddy Power Pedophilia" in big black letters (spelled like that)

Anyone got any ideas what this is supposed to mean or has seen similar elsewhere? The evils of gambling; Vendetta against Mr. Power himself?; Some nutjob showing off his skills with an inkjet printer? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Maybe it's their new contraversial advertising campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Blisterman wrote: »
    Maybe it's their new contraversial advertising campaign.

Hiding in plain sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Blazing skills on the inkjet I think. Probably did it with MS word :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

New line of business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

It was obviously premeditated; unless someone's got a printer in their pocket and thinks "hey, this would be a good idea". So some twat is going around the place with a bundle or these sheets plastering them to posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Eglinton wrote: »
    It was obviously premeditated; unless someone's got a printer in their pocket and thinks "hey, this would be a good idea". So some twat is going around the place with a bundle or these sheets plastering them to posters.

I wonder if these the posters of the current campaign (for paddy power trader) showing a small midget man in a limo with two hot models... perhaps some old biddys glasses aren't thick enough and they think he's actually a young child, and they're exposing him to a scene of a possible sexual and adult nature??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I think it the new thing to do, somebody is going around putting up prints along them lines around waterford to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

[scarcasm]It's a real catchy line too[/scarcasm]

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I wonder if these the posters of the current campaign (for paddy power trader) showing a small midget man in a limo with two hot models... perhaps some old biddys glasses aren't thick enough and they think he's actually a young child, and they're exposing him to a scene of a possible sexual and adult nature??

That's the particular poster alight. Although I didn't think it was a dwarf. It looked like a Japanese man sitting in the Limo. Will look at again.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I wonder would Paddy Power give decent odds on he himself being discovered as a pedo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

They're taking bets on whether Gary Glitter will bring out a new album...

FunkZ wrote: »
    They're taking bets on whether Gary Glitter will bring out a new album...

Photo album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Photo album?

I hope not!

Photo album?
    FunkZ wrote: »
    I hope not!

... surrreee ...

You'd be the first in the queue to get it signed, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

... surrreee ...

You'd be the first in the queue to get it signed, right?

Not if I have anything to do with it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

ha interesting thread cuz not too long ago I was driving through town with the mother and she points out their add of I think what was supposed to be a pregnant man with something like "where have all the women gone?"....she was DISGUSTED!! ha her reaction was comical, i on the other hand thought it was supposed to be a turkey in his stomach advertising christmas (it was xmas at the time) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Maximilian wrote: »
    I wonder would Paddy Power give decent odds on he himself being discovered as a pedo.

lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Maximilian wrote: »

If he gives you 1,000,000/1, you have your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Whoever it is, is likely a nutjob. Maybe it was the Jesus playing poker ad or the large sum they gave to a gay rugby tournament. Maybe it's just someone who is very very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Some people have issues with the image of a man breastfeeding a baby in their ads and assume that the image of a baby suckling on a mans nipple is promoting pedos ..... some people is loco!

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Eglinton wrote:
    That's the particular poster alight. Although I didn't think it was a dwarf. It looked like a Japanese man sitting in the Limo. Will look at again.

Looks like we were both right. I wonder did someone actually think it was a kid. And even if they did, so what! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

London Underground has banned an ad campaign by bookmaker Paddy Power that features a man who appears to be breastfeeding a baby.

The poster ad, one of three that promotes the company's new online bingo business, has been banned by LU operator Transport for London's compliance committee.

A spokesman for Paddy Power said that the poster, which uses the strapline "Where have all the women gone?", was banned on the grounds that it had the "potential to offend public decency".

The Irish bookmaker will now invest more money into other media where the ads are running, such as 48-sheet and six-sheet posters and national and regional press.

"We are completely astonished by the reaction of the London Underground to our advert," said the spokesman. "Fun is central to the Paddy Power brand and we strive to communicate this in all of our advertising."

It is not the first time that the company has run into problems with its advertising.

It's this pic.....

Advertisement