Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cheese selection

Options
  • 30-01-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I have been in Dunnes and Tesco's and while they do have alot of cheese they don't have some like pecorino for example or havarti.

Is there a good cheese shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sheridans Cheese Mongers, next to St Nicholas' church.
    Or McCambridges' on Shop street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LittleGoblin

Sheridans is very good. If you fancy trying some good cheese with very good wine pop upstairs to their little wine bar thingy. Yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yea Sheridans is the best in town for cheese, really know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Absolutely go to Sheridans - they're amazing in there. The selection is by far the best in town, the staff are really nice, and know what they're talking about. And they let you sample any and all of the cheeses so you can discover nice new stuff. :o I've been known to spend well over an hour in there at a time, and to come out with what can only be described as a sack of cheese, so I'm quite the fan.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

And you still can't get jarlsberg around the place...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Mortons is good alright for the left of field speciality food's , tad pricey but sure thats to be expected, also a +1 for Sheridans! Only recently found out they had a store in Templebar in Dublin too..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

This post has been deleted.
    No, no and no. Moreover, the cheesemongress in Morton's last weekend thought it was a type of cheddar and directed me to something that made Calvita look cosmopolitan.

The best regular supply I've ever come across is in Tesco's in Nutgrove but that's a bit of a drive these days...

Advertisement