Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Induction piping - where to get it?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a K+N 57i induction kit for a cinq 1.1 sporting. However as the engine bay on these babies is pretty hot, I want to mount the cone filter behind the grille on the front (away from ANY engine parts).

Where can I buy the piping to do this? Has to connect to the cone filter, which then will connect to the Engine?

Where can I buy this in Dublin? Looking to get it on the weekend.

PS - is induction piping the correct term?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Not sure what the correct term is.

I know you can buy this piping in halfords though. It's supplied by Pipercross.
    If you can't find any that suits you could always try and get a heat guard for the induction kit (please don't get any of the metal crap though)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Not sure what the correct term is.

I know you can buy this piping in halfords though. It's supplied by Pipercross.
    If you can't find any that suits you could always try and get a heat guard for the induction kit (please don't get any of the metal crap though)

cool, il check out halfords on the weekend. i suppose it is expensive?

where would I get a heatguard? Halfords too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Think the piping I seen was about a metre long for 35 euro? Bit overpriced when you see what it is.

I wouldn't get one from halfords. Don't really trust half of what they sell.

Good luck though!
    P.S: If you want to go all out just buy a pipercorss viper induction kit ;) Guaranteed cold air to the engine.

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Think the piping I seen was about a metre long for 35 euro? Bit overpriced when you see what it is.

I wouldn't get one from halfords. Don't really trust half of what they sell.

Good luck though!
    P.S: If you want to go all out just buy a pipercorss viper induction kit ;) Guaranteed cold air to the engine.

i need it on weekend though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

extractor fan flexible ducting? or flexible flue for a boiler? both v.cheap

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    extractor fan flexible ducting? or flexible flue for a boiler? both v.cheap

where would I get it? Heating merchants?
    on a weekend?? :-p

somewhere like B&Q can be a great place for drivers of modded cars!

somewhere like B&Q can be a great place for drivers of modded cars!

thanks mate, got it in B+Q. needs a bit of resizing but its good stuff.
    Cheap too, was about 10euro.

the one in halfords was crap, it was a tiny diameter.

too long a pipe from the filter to the engine will mess up airflow though. better to mount the filter inside the bay and run a cold air duct from the bumper to in front of the filter using the piping you got.

too long a pipe from the filter to the engine will mess up airflow though. better to mount the filter inside the bay and run a cold air duct from the bumper to in front of the filter using the piping you got.

how long will mess it up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement