Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check who's taking a direct debit

Options
  • 30-01-2008 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quickie ... will my branch tell me what company is taking a direct debit from my account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yes. They should also be able to provide you with a reference number for the DD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The reference number I can then check against a list? Or ?

The reference number would allow you to contact the DD originator and ask them what the DD payment is for.

ie: DD originator is Irish Life, the ref no on the DD is 123456789, you call Irish Life and tell them the number, they can tell you why they took the money etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Not being smart, but if you don't know who is taking money from you on a monthly basis then you have problems managing your money TBH.

stepbar wrote: »
    Not being smart, but if you don't know who is taking money from you on a monthly basis then you have problems managing your money TBH.

you'd be amazed the amount of times that happens.....

Your 100% right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement