Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too far to walk?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    could any body tell me if the distance between train station and hospital in Tullamore is walking distance? If so how long? Also directions would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

It would be a bit of a walk alright, basically the whole length of the town and then some. A native might be able to give you short cut direction, but here goes. When you come out of the station cross the road and go to your right. Turn left at the traffic lights, and walk down this street past the park. You come to a kind of V in the road/mini roundabout. Keep left here and head into the town centre. Keep heading straight right through town, over the canal and past the GAA ground. The hospital is down a bit on your right, can't really miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

whyulittle wrote: »
    It would be a bit of a walk alright, basically the whole length of the town and then some. A native might be able to give you short cut direction, but here goes. When you come out of the station cross the road and go to your right. Turn left at the traffic lights, and walk down this street past the park. You come to a kind of V in the road/mini roundabout. Keep left here and head into the town centre. Keep heading straight right through town, over the canal and past the GAA ground. The hospital is down a bit on your right, can't really miss it.

good directions! There's a taxi rank about half way if you lose the will.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

good directions! There's a taxi rank about half way if you lose the will.

Taxi rank right outside the doors of train station. anyhoo...Trainstation to Hospital is bout a mile and bit walk and its straight all the way from the lights at the station.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Do it in about 15minutes...

I used to walk along the canal when I lived near there, it was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Thanks everyone! got there no probs great directions! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rotti Express

Did you walk it? It's a long enough walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Ah come on, don't be so lazy its not that long its only a nice 20 minute walk.

It's a long walk when it's cold and wet :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ga2re2t

For those who haven't a clue what's being discussed here:
    http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1600962

Agh it's a long walk :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Didn't walk to it as it was lashing and absolutely fffffffrrrreezing!!!!
    I did walk back tho wasn't bad took bout half hour (with a child)! wasn't too bad at all. Mind you that would have got to have been the coldest day of the year! I walk everywhere nn that day was so bad was getting major brain freezes!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

a mile of a walk?

ffs i do that everyday going to work, fly through it in 15 minutes, 20 at the absolute max.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

A native might be able to give you short cut direction,

Its a fairly straight road all the way to the hospital so no shortcuts possible!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Ah well, couldn't you turn left coming out of the train station, and cut across to New Main Street or whatever it's called and go that way? Maybe you can't and it probably isn't any shorter, that's why I said I'd leave it to the natives. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

leave it to the natives. ;)

That word makes tullamore folk sound like something out of the australian outback!!

Advertisement