Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up eircom broadband

• 30-01-2008 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi,

My mate got a new laptop recently and got eircom to send him out the broadband pack! I went over last night to set it up as I had no hassle whilst doing my own broadband. Anyway set it all up got the wep key but it is not allowing access to the net. The signal is coming up as excellend with the 5 bars but all it is saying is limited access only!

He phoned Eircom this moring to see if they could help which they obviously weren't as all they said was that they needed to send out a technicia and that wouldn't be untill the middle of March which is an absolute joke.

Any help would be appreciated thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Limited access usually means problems with the IP address. Open up the networking properties for the network card from the Control Panel. Double click on TCP/IP and set the network card to receive an IP address by DHCP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Ring 1890 260260 and if they can't get you connected ask to speak to a supervisor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sounds like you have a problem connecting the laptop to the modem, and not with the modem connecting to the net. Connect the modem with the Ethernet cable and make sure that's all working. Then check the wireless network settings in the modem and on the laptop, and try it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aceyborg

I have the same problem with my laptop i bet the laptop is dell
    Not sure the cause but away to get around it is easy

turn on laptop
    let it connect with limited access
    then smiple disconnect again at the network centre
    and then reconnect straight away not sure why it works but it does
    i have 3 laptop 2 are dell and its only the dell ones ihave to do it with,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

3 year old threads should not be replied to.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement