Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fridge bulb.

• 30-01-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭

We have a Bosch fridge freezer [Model KSV 2422].

The freezer compartment can be selected to on or off.

When the freezer compartment is on the bulb inside the fridge does not go out when the door is shut, it just dims. Why is that ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

how old is the fridge ?i seem to remember last summer there was a problem with a bosch fridge and they all had to be exchanged ,some fault or other -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Curiosity is killling me.

What exactly where you doing to find out that the bulb only dims when the fridge door is closed :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

knighted wrote: »
    how old is the fridge ?i seem to remember last summer there was a problem with a bosch fridge and they all had to be exchanged ,some fault or other -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Curiosity is killling me.

What exactly where you doing to find out that the bulb only dims when the fridge door is closed :confused:

I was swimming in the deep end of the milk jug when my mammy put it and me away in the fridge. I surfaced for air just as the door was closing and saw the bulb dimming. Thank God for that or I would never have found my way out in time to go to work. P.S. I am petite..... :D:)

Seriously though Andrea, in a fit of enthusiasm I cleaned the fridge out and accidentally rubbed against the light switch lever that is pushed in by the door when it closes and noticed the light dimming and staying on. When the freezer compartment is switched off the light actually extinguishes when the door is closed. The things you find out when you clean......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Phew! I'm freezing and cramped after checking ours out!

Unfortunately I cannot offer a solution, but I would recommend removing the bulb until you can find a solution.

Being an A-rated appliance I imagine that you would be using up a fair percentage of refrigeration power to extract the heat being generated by the bulb.

Has the freezer compartment a separate light, and if so how is that acting?

• Advertisement
Advertisement