Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopmotion Animation: Robbie and the ball

Options
  • 30-01-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hello,

This is a small animation I made using StopmotionproV5.
    It's called: Robbie and the ball. It is my first attempt at making an armature walk. I thought it was quite difficult. And as you can see it is not perfect yet.
    Aside the flicker of my tv set in the background, the movement is jerky. But maybe you enjoy it anyways.

The clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Ng-GBY_PU

default.jpg

Comments are welcome icon_razz.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

not bad for a first go. My main comment would be on the timing - its very even the whole way through. Try mixing it up, the ball should start rolling faster at the start but lose speed as its going across the screen. Try having him slow in or slow out of his movments, it will make it read better. Best thing when doing animation is to get up and do the action yourself, in front of a big mirror if you've got one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

Cool i liked it i checked out your other ones aswell
    good job on the egg guy thing.

How long did that take you to do ?
    il be making a something simaler when i go back to college
    built a whole set and model took ages :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Groeneg

good job on the egg guy thing.

How long did that take you to do ?
    It took some 20 hours. I locked myself up in the house from friday evening untill sunday evening. :D

Like to see you work showing up here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 codeblack

i really liked that!! :D

Advertisement