Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mute sound on website

Options
  • 30-01-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

A few people have been telling me that the sound on my website scares the hell outta them/thier cats/baby etc! Is there a way I can mute it so it just plays the animation? Thanks. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, how're you playing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Edit the .fla file of the swf animation that you are using. Do you have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

I don't have the .fla file. Is there another way or do you think I should just remove the swf file and put something different there?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well I can't find a way of putting a parameter into the HTML to mute the sound and the only way of doing it otherwise would be to change it from the source, which you can't do. Plus having music blaring out of a website is really annoying. So, yes, I'd remove it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Agreed, there is absoultely no need for it on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Removed! BTW what do you think of the site in general? any suggestions or comments? Thanks.

Advertisement