Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Phantom Edit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

No...

VHS? i assume this is only though download now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

Not downloadable anywhere I tried, but my knowledge of these things is limited. Maybe Lucasfilm witch-hunted it. Like the Holiday Special. It looks pretty cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Holiday special? i know thats up for dl's and what a film. I only know 2 people who have watched the whole thing start to finish. I thought it was so funny and truly a great movie that is VERY underrated. One of the... oddest movies i have ever seen.

A great piece of work indeed. I particularly enjoyed the twenty minute conversation between three wookies, without subtitles or anything explanatory. Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭WadeTalon

A great piece of work indeed. I particularly enjoyed the twenty minute conversation between three wookies, without subtitles or anything explanatory. Bizarre.

that in itself is art. Then we have Bea Arthur from the golden girls working in Mos Eisley...she must be one tough chick to be able to handle all that Scum and Villainy and throwing in a quick musical number to boot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chris d

Not seen that, but there are a few fan edits floating around.
    Search 'magnoliafan' on youtube and you should find his version 'Balance of the Force' it's pretty good. The most noticible part is having jar jar's dialogue going backwards with subtitles added. But he curses a couple of times, which isn't very star wars.

There's another one i know of, Vergence in the Force. Think there are rapidshare links to it via www.fanedit.org

I just watched the Magnoliafan edit. I enjoyed it quite a lot. Jar Jar's character was improved infinitely, as were the Nemoidans. Some very clever editing. Inclusion of some good deleted scenes was interesting.

Still a bit heavy on the Wilhelm Screams, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I even liked the 2x Ewoks movies but the Holiday Special has to been to be disbelieved.

Watching it you can really imagine if Ep4 had been made just slightly differently or less carefully that you really would have been left with a turkey rather than a classic. It really was that close.

Apparently the first edit of ANH *was* verging on HolSpecial territory :eek:

Advertisement