Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q for those that play the fine sport?

• 30-01-2008 8:58pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Taken from another site.
    for those members who play the sport, i was just wondering what boots you lot use. do you guys go for the looks or for the performance? and do you guys actually think that technology stuff makes a diff?

Personally I have the following for astro football:

p97161.jpg
    I thought they were okay but after wearing them for a few weeks and taking kick outs I seem to have damaged my foot badly so would not advise them.

Then I got
    s-Adidas-F10.7TRXTFJ-016668.jpg
    They are fantastic boots, really good traction and ball control is good. They protected my feet alot more from damage from kick outs when I took them but because they have to be broken in the ankles are cut off me.

I am hoping to get a pair of these now:
    37101.JPG
    Simply put the "90" "Sweet spot" is exactly where my foot has been damaged over the last few months and these seem to have support for that area so I will try and get them if the price is right.

So what do you guys use??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Adids Telstar for grass and astro, perfect for me anyway.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Puma.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I wear last generation predators on Sundays.

Training during the week I wear some crappy Umbro astro boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

predators or copa mundials, best boots out there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

event wrote: »
    predators or copa mundials, best boots out there

Yeah used to were copa mundials and world cups as well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Do people think that the new technology makes a difference??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Do people think that the new technology makes a difference??

K leather FTW, the Puma V-Konstrukt range is very nice . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It's all about the copa mundials for me. A good solid boot. Pitches over here a rock hard so need something that doesn't lead to many blisters.

Wore a pair of white Nike Air Legends last year. Not the best look for a centre half!

Have a pair of last gen Pred blades at home but they'd be no use to me here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Without a doubt adidas are the best boots. When I was playing junior soccer all those years ago I tried various other brands (Lotto, Nike, Puma etc), but I always come back to adidas. I got the predator when they first came out and haven't looked back since. I've had a few pairs of predators down the years. Some of the latest designs haven't been that nice though, but they are still great boots.

I've bought adidas for the last 14 or 15 years without fail.

I have adidas predator blades for grass. Got them about 6 years ago and they are still going strong. Haven't worn them as often in the past few years as I mainly play on astro now.

http://www.soccerevolution.com/store/images/retail/_full/ADI_10049_F.jpeg

I have 2 pairs of adidas for astro. The make-up and design of the sole of the adidas are the best for grip in all conditions. I don't think that I've ever slipped etc unless I got pushed or I fell over naturally as you do ;)

These are not the exact ones I have but it is the same sole

http://img.idealo.co.uk/folder/Product/470/0/470027/produktbild_gross.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Nike 90's are great for ball control on the astro and are nice and light. Problem is they offer little protection. Believe me I've had my toes stood on and it leaves them black and blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I use to wear vapours until I damaged the ligaments in my right ankle and realised what little protection they actually offer(that's the boot as a whole aswell as your ankle being totally exposed) .

I wear predators now and although they are often less durable , they offer far more protection and are still a comfortable boot which is nice to play with . They are fine to play with on astro aswell .

Astro-turf runners just don't make sense to me , their not an easier to play with(especially if your astro surface has been exposed to the rain . So if your getting a new pair of boots just for astro you might aswell get ones that can be used on the real thing .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Play DC, while control is important, protection for the foot when getting kicked by strikers coming in with two feet makes a big difference.

http://www.footy-boots.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/valor2.jpg

I wear those. Do the trick.

And as regards using the proper boots on the astro, most of them will not let you do that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

Puma.

meh had a pair of pumas cost 120e riped after half a season during a match! very comfy boots tho but having said that they didnt last..looked at a few of the newer pumas in the shop and they seem solid. i dont think there is a brand of boots that are best its really just what feels comfortable for you.

personally i happen to like umbro,my astros have lasted me the best part of 4 years! they were 30 quid i think,have umbro moldys and studded again very comfortable and reliable thats what anyone looking for boots should want they dont have to be fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

doesnt really matter lads to be honest, if your crap, no boats will make you better. i love seeing these lads with fancy boots and then they cant pass the ball 5 yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, its a comfort thing for me. Want a nice solid pair that can take all sorts of punishment protecting my feet.

I'm well aware that no amount of new grip / swerve / dribbling boot-tech is gonna turn me into the new Beckenbauer :)

I've always stuck with Umbros btw - very comfortable for my square feet. But back when playing schoolboy football, Mum always bought me the cheapo Hi-Tech boots - not flash at all :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

doesnt really matter lads to be honest, if your crap, no boats will make you better. i love seeing these lads with fancy boots and then they cant pass the ball 5 yards.

Well my passing is normally good. :p
    I only want a pair of fancy boots it they offer protection where my foot is currently hurt.
    The crowd running the astro down here won't let anything other than Runners/Astro Runners on the pitch. I would like to get some decent boots like predators for both though so if I could I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

adidas littbarski's

what a boot :D

Advertisement