Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cristiano Ronaldo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Pighead wrote: »
    I wonder has el rabitos come round yet?

Yeah the Rabbit has been very quiet round these parts. Maybe Pighead should take it upon himself to pm that post to him to be sure he sees it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

He's an absolutely class player, always thought he'd come good when he joined Utd. But the most important thing is that he's only 22!! And he has improved every year and has played at every level. Some achievement for someone so young.

Had to laugh tonight though when he done some stepover trickery-pokery and lost control of the ball but still ended up with the ball at his feet. When you're on form everything seems to go your way. :D

As for his free kick taking, I'm still not convinced. Although tonight's free kick was something special, he even admitted himself that he just belts it and hopes for the best. There's no finesse about his kicks like you'd get with a Beckham freekick. It actually kinda reminds me of someone banging a screw into a piece of wood with a hammer! Bt hey, as long as they go in who cares!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The thing about belting it, is that while there is no finese, there is a huge amount of technique. The better you get at the technique, the more likely it is to go in. However the key thing about him as a free kick taker, is that he is using everything in his power. He's done two absolute belters, one perfectly curled free kick, and one under the wall. That to me is showing that he's beginning to become a free kick scorer from every situation, which is what a great free kick taker does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

finesse is for girly men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone got a video of the Sky Sports panel gushing? Everyone's saying they were practically fellating Ron over that free kick :p

OT: Ron is alright

astrofool wrote: »
    finesse is for girly men.
    Have you seen his hair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Anyone got a video of the Sky Sports panel gushing? Everyone's saying they were practically fellating Ron over that free kick :p

No footage, but Jamie Redknapp does think that Ronaldo is a top, top player :)

But yeah, they were definitely sporting chubbies at half time. The general consensus was that it was the best free kick in the history of the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

LOL thats 4 times this season i have said the words, "This'll hit the wall".... and of course they go in. I'm defo gonna start saying that more.

p.s Best free kick in league for me. Always remember that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Have you seen his hair?

Does that look like the work of any stylist? I'd say he just lets the grease build up, and then gets a woman to wiggle her boobs over it for "shape".

• Advertisement

astrofool wrote: »
    Does that look like the work of any stylist? I'd say he just lets the grease build up, and then gets a woman to wiggle her boobs over it for "shape".

Why didn't I think of that before?

*runs over to sexy work colleague with massive knockers sitting by the water cooler*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Best player in the world now, bar none. The first 12 minutes or so of this game will confirm that.

I think you's are all forgeting Riquelme.

tdv wrote: »

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i think he is ****e

Does he play in the Premiership?

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Who?

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJuan RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRomán RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRiquelme.

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=psI9w4rE4FY

• Advertisement

Didn't he used to be good? Remember something about him being alright but not consistent. Something like that

Whoooosssshhh!!!

Didn't he used to be good? Remember something about him being alright but not consistent. Something like that

Well he's actually Word Class on a consistent basis.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Whoooosssshhh!!!

Whoooosssshhh!!! indeed my friend. Whoooosssshhh!!! indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yea tonight he is but on sunday night Messi might score a hat trick. Does that mean Messi is better then him then at that moment in time?

So this thread is pointless unless you want to have a **** about him.

Let the players play over the season. Next years World player of the year award will go to either one of the CL's winning team or the Euro Champs winning team.
    If he is in one of them he will get the award.

However, everything he touches these last few weeks seems to go in...!!
    Fairplay to him but enjoy it while it lasts!

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    Yea tonight he is but on sunday night Messi might score a hat trick. Does that mean Messi is better then him then at that moment in time?

So this thread is pointless unless you want to have a **** about him.

Let the players play over the season. Next years World player of the year award will go to either one of the CL's winning team or the Euro Champs winning team.
    If he is in one of them he will get the award.

However, everything he touches these last few weeks seems to go in...!!
    Fairplay to him but enjoy it while it lasts!

Ah now that's a bit much. He is the best player in the world right now and has been for months. And it's going to last quite a long time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ah now that's a bit much. He is the best player in the world right now and has been for months. And it's going to last quite a long time.

But its true! He is on fire right now. But its not even Febuary. The season doesnt end till July (Euro Champs). Think about my point about messi. (And it could be anyone, kaka, eto, etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

In the League, Cups, and CL

Name - Games - Goals - Assists
    Ronaldo - 28 Games - 27 Goals - 3 Assists
    Messi - 23 Games - 12 Goals - 6 Assists
    Kaka - 21 Games - 10 Goals - 5 Assists

Sorry didn't add in tonights :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Thought Ronaldo has 27 goals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

he does

Only 3 assists? Pathetic for a winger. He's sh1te after all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

He sets up his own goals, so thats 30 assists!!!11!!1

yep he creates his own goals so i think he has to get credit for that also

and i dont hear anybody lessening kaka or messi considering they have far fewer goals and only a couple more assists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

he is in some super form at the minute and has made me loads of money as i have had him 4 times to score the first goal at prices ranging from 7/2 to 5/1

• Advertisement

I cant click on the above the link cause i'm in work. But if thats and interview with Ronaldo and you are trying to claim he is modest you can go and ask my sack! (if not,apologies!:))

the guy is so up his own arse its unbelieveable. great great player, but an arrogant little swine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I cant click on the above the link cause i'm in work. But if thats and interview with Ronaldo and you are trying to claim he is modest you can go and ask my sack! (if not,apologies!:))

the guy is so up his own arse its unbelieveable. great great player, but an arrogant little swine.

there you go again, talking rubbish about a person you don't know.

First off, you don't know the guy so how can you have a valid opinion of his personality. He could be arrogant, or he could be a real nice guy like people I know who have been drinking with him in the clubs round manchester say he is.

Secondly, you have admited you don't even know what the interview is, or what he has said, so your opinion on that score is a pile of tosh too.

Ronaldo is arrogant. I think most sane people could admit this.

I dont care wat your "mates" who go drinking with him in manchester say, the blokes comes across in almost everything he does as arrogant, its not a bad quality as a player-I'd be pretty sure most of the "greats" were arrogant to some extent.

but i aint viewing these boards today with people talking about how he is modest as well as the worlds form player, cause that simply isnt true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

to be perfectly honest, theres nothing wrong with being arrogant if you can back it up

ronaldo can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

What a man... I nearly fell off my chair when that goal went in!

Amazing

It's not imbedding for me...

Here is the link;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpf27uooQQo

Ronaldo is arrogant. I think most sane people could admit this.

I dont care wat your "mates" who go drinking with him in manchester say, the blokes comes across in almost everything he does as arrogant, its not a bad quality as a player-I'd be pretty sure most of the "greats" were arrogant to some extent.

but i aint viewing these boards today with people talking about how he is modest as well as the worlds form player, cause that simply isnt true.

Everything he does? What crap - you don't know anything about him other than football - do you see him shopping? nope. Do you see him when he plays bingo, nope. Do you see him when he watches TV, nope. Do you see him when he goes for a walk, nope. Do you see him when he makes himself breakfast, nope.

I'll admit he is arrogant ON THE PITCH, and I do not think a players persona on the pitch always a reflection of who a player is off the pitch. Zidane is one of the most arrogant players I have seen on the pitch, by all accounts he was a great guy off it. Henry is the same, an arrogant player on it, seemingly a nice, funny, talkative, intelligent guy off it. At the moment, I would say Steven Gerrard is one of the most arrogant players in the premiership, but is that what he is like off the pitch? Doesn't seem so based on documentaries I have seen.

Helix wrote: »
    to be perfectly honest, theres nothing wrong with being arrogant if you can back it up

i agree.

there is also nothing wrong with me saying he is arrogant. so Tauren shouldnt take offence.

ahem, ok MrAlan, check the link, he is quite modest in the interview, he repeatedly talks about how his teamates are the reason he is scoring so much and playing so well, how he loves playing with them, and that if he was at another club he might not be playing so well...... his on the pitch persona is cocky arrogant flash and thats the role he plays, its his character, and boy does he back it up!!! cantona had the same persona, he also backed it up!

to make a comment about him outside of football where you know **** all about him is just stupid tbh, by all accounts from people who have met him, not just his "drinkin buddys" he is supposed to be a gentleman, and quite humble

i agree.

there is also nothing wrong with me saying he is arrogant. so Tauren shouldnt take offence.

qualify it to his on the pitch activities and i would agree. Say he is simply an arrogant swine in EVERTHING he does and that is a different story.

• Advertisement

tauren, i am obviously talking about him on the pitch and in the football "arena", this is the soccer forum.

If i was slating him as being arrogant in general i'd do it in the celebrity and showbiz forum- so go and sit in a cold bath for a few minutes and cool down.

so bascially after your couple of mini rants, we've come to the conclusion that.....you agree with me - he is an arrognat swine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

kryogen wrote: »
    and i dont hear anybody lessening kaka or messi considering they have far fewer goals and only a couple more assists

Probably because Cristiano is working in an enhanced environment where he can concentrate on what he does best. Less wealthy clubs like Milan place a heavier burden on their stars, like Kaka by, surrounding them with oldies and less talented players.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Probably because Cristiano is working in an enhanced environment where he can concentrate on what he does best. Less wealthy clubs like Milan place a heavier burden on their stars, like Kaka by, surrounding them with oldies and less talented players.

Milan, the paupers of Europe with poor players such as Inzaghi (with his crap goalscoring record) Seedorf, with al those flucked CL medals, Pirlo the over-rated water-carrier, Gattuso the new age Nicky Butt, Maldini the has-been, Nesta the never-was, Ronaldo the overweight past his best wash up, Pato the talentless.... poor ol' Kaka, must be a strugle.

Does Messi suffer from the same type of wrestched club environment?

Tauren wrote: »
    qualify it to his on the pitch activities and i would agree. Say he is simply an arrogant swine in EVERTHING he does and that is a different story.

again-soccer forum.

when i said everything he does, i mean some of the passes he attempts, the flicks, the comtempt he shows for his opponents, his post match interviews on occassion. even the commentator last night commented on the arrogance in his play.

again-soccer forum.

when i said everything he does, i mean some of the passes he attempts, the flicks, the comtempt he shows for his opponents, his post match interviews on occassion. even the commentator last night commented on the arrogance in his play.

Fine, do some dirty work with your shovel. Of course you only ment his footballing activites when you said he was arrogant in everything he does. Of course you ment he could only be seen as an arrogant swine as opposed to every being modest, but only when looking at the football side of things. Sure.:rolleyes:

jameshayes wrote: »
    What a man... I nearly fell off my chair when that goal went in!

Amazing

Here is the link;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpf27uooQQo

What!! You need to get out more my friend. That was a good free kick, but there's goals scored like that every week across Europe. Amazing? No.

• Advertisement

What!! You need to get out more my friend. That was a good free kick, but there's goals scored like that every week across Europe. Amazing? No.

Thats a bit harsh - not all of us can afford to go swanning round europe every weekend looking for the best goals - some of us are confined to what we can see on the TV.

great-so now u are telling me wat i think! :(

being honest-that free last night wasnt like a goal you see around Europe every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

You need to get out more dude. That was a great goal. Amazing, World class.

Show me a goal that is better than that scored this season?

His kicks defy physics.

Tauren wrote: »
    Thats a bit harsh - not all of us can afford to go swanning round europe every weekend looking for the best goals - some of us are confined to what we can see on the TV.

Oh fair enough. I thought you had an educated opinion on who was the world's best player, but if you only see what's on Sky then I was mistaken.

jameshayes wrote: »

His kicks defy physics.

Okaaaay......

• Advertisement
Advertisement