Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords tubes are ****!

Options
  • 30-01-2008 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭

I know i defend halfords too much here but ive a problem:eek:
    I use a presta valve on my road bike, took it out yesterday for a quick spin and i had a soft tyre, went to pump it up and the valve stem snapped, the metal bit snapped, not the join of metal/rubber.
    shocking, so AVOID!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

I got some Dr Sludge tubes at Halfords that have got me home instead of leaving me at the side of the road... and that was round the Hook of Clare so I was glad the quickseal gunge that allowed me re-inflate the tyre.

Not sure about their other brands but I recently got some tubes (hutchinson?) with unthreaded presta valves. The only problem was that I burst two of them trying to get the pump attached. With nothing to keep them anchored to the wheel rim, the pump forced the vlave downward into the tube and the valve necks weren't strong enough to hold up under this pressure...

Advertisement