Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU Bookshop

Options
  • 30-01-2008 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

Do the folks in the SU Bookshop buy up old books? I've about 4 or 5 big Art History and Music books I don't need anymore. Has anyone done it before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

It does but you dont get your cut until the books are sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

what percentage do you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Grimes wrote: »
    It does but you dont get your cut until the books are sold

As far as I know this only applies to books they dont think will sell (e.g. obsolete editions of core texts)

I could be wrong but I'm sure I'v seen them pay out straight away on other books.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

what art history bk you selling as a matter of interest??

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭FledNanders

where's the best place to offload old textbooks? i.e. get the best price for them?

I've a good few in decent condition

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I have sold some art history books in the su bookshop, however, I had to wait until they were sold until I got paid and then wait a few days for the cheque, furthermore when you had the books in you set the price (I can't remember their percentage) and fill in a docket, if you lose that docket you won't get your money or book if it is not sold. Personally it is too much hassle for me now, but you could sell your books on amazon or ebay, at least you get the money there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I've got Art in Reneissance Italy and that Story Of Art one.

Sounds like a lot of bother to sel a few bukes, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

As long as they're not old editions, you might get a pretty decent price for them on Amazon. Ebays worth a shot too, and I think Chapters in town buys them too.

Advertisement