Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax question

Options
  • 30-01-2008 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I've being away for the last few months and lent my car to my sister, just back now and she's told me she's lost all my dics (nct, tax insurance) dont even ask how...

to top that off i've just realised my tax is out since end Oct, I've just sent off for my insurance disc, is there anyway of getting my car taxed with out any of the above dics (insurance nct) - cant find the renewal form anywhere

have to drive to cork fri night and dont want the gardai taking my car off me for no tax

any advice

thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Go to the motor tax office and back tax your car to october OR get a garda to sign a declaration to say it was off the road since then and you can tax it from Jan 1st or Feb 1st depending on when you need to put it on the road, bearing in mind Friday is Feb 1st.

Contact your insurer and request a duplicate certificate of insurance including the windscreen disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 strong1

Thanks Avns1s,

I dont have any docs apart from my car log book, do i need any to renew my tax?

or should i wait till i get my new insurance /nct discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You should be OK if you have your policy no. and date of expiry to put on the form. To avoid back tax you will have to complete the 'off the road' section and sign it in the presence of a Garda who will witness your signature and stamp the form.

You are supposed to have the insurance cert with you when taxing the car, but for a good while now they haven't been looking for sight of the cert.

You don't need NCT to tax a car.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement