Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good record shops in amsterdam

Options
  • 30-01-2008 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

allright folks

heading over to amsterdam in a few weeks, going to buy a load of vinyl while there
    house, trance bit of techno
    what and where are the best places and what are the prices like

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There is a massive music store just of Dam square on the main shopping street. Think its the street that has (If your looking at it from Dam Square) Maddam Tussard on the left and a Rabo bank on the right.

An there is a few more ones on the same street.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There is a massive music store just of Dam square on the main shopping street. Think its the street that has (If your looking at it from Dam Square) Maddam Tussard on the left and a Rabo bank on the right.

An there is a few more ones on the same street.

Ya that shop is called Fame, pretty big alright. It's on the corner of Dam Street and Kalverstraat. Actually ya, it's huge

www.fame.nl

not so bad on prices, a bit cheaper than at home, and they had some deals on certain stock if I remember rightly but it was a while since I was there. I'm going in 10 days, so I might pop in and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

you don't want to be going to fame looking for anything decent vinyl wise....

there's a place called "distortions" on the Westerse Straat in the Jordaan area

huge selection of fresh and second hand techno and house as well as the second best selection of drum and bass and reggae in the city - you'll come out with dusty fingers but you'll get some proper bargains.

avoid fame at all costs - it's basically hmv so unless you're really looking for the REALLY commercial end of things (which in holland at the moment means rnb and hardstyle) you're not going to have much luck - they're advertising mariah carey dvd's on the front page of their website ffs, that should give you a clue.

near the dam square - and i've forgotten the name of the bloody street - you'll find a wee little shop called Killah Cutz - it's one of the best shops in holland for house, broken beat, and drum and bass, and just across the road from it next to a nice little cosy coffee shop is (what i am told) one of the better trance and tech house shops in amsterdam

vinyl prices in holland vary quite a bit, expect to find a few bargains in the likes of "distortions" (when i told your man there i was irish he slipped me in a few free reggae seven inches ) but expect to pay a minimum of 10e a record; it was anywhere between 8 and 11 last time i was there so keep your eyes peeled.

also, make sure you ask at the counter for the fresh promos and white labels, they don't rack them out the way some shops do over here

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 that bloke

thanks for the relpys lads will check em out

Advertisement