Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyview restaurant, Leixlip?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone been to the Skyview restaurant at the Western Airport in Leixlip? I've only been there for lunch, which is nice, but was thinking of trying the evening dining which is mediteranian and Lebanese. During the day its very much like a cafe and I was wondering if it was a bit fancier at night.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

wtf theres an airport in Leixlip?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Hi, yeah it's pretty nice. Not what I would consider "fancy" but good food and the staff were lovely the night we were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

wtf theres an airport in Leixlip?

Yes, Weston. Just over the motorway on the Celbridge road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Weston aerodrome or airport or whatever they like to call themselves is in Dublin not Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Riskymove wrote: »
    Weston aerodrome or airport or whatever they like to call themselves is in Dublin not Kildare

It's in Leixlip.... read the bottom of their website...:rolleyes:
    http://www.westonairport.com/

Yeah it's nice in the evening. Very generous with the portions. Wouldn't call it a very fancy place... but it's nice :) You may even get to see their belly dancers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi,

I was there about 9 months ago in the evening, really very nice .

The owner/mgr apologised to me because there were no belly dancers !

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eccles

Thanks for the replies guys. We went on Saturday night and had a gorgeous lebanese meal and yes, the portions were very generous. I'd definitly go again and recommend to others. They seem to have themed fancy dress nights/party nights every now and again and although thats not my thing, it'd be good for a works night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

Never actually went into it. Just drop by with the son who's mad into watching the planes.

Is the view even better inside ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Westons in Leixlip not Dublin.
    There is a better view from inside, just go in :)
    The evening meals are great, and lovely views, must go again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Tallon wrote: »
    Westons in Leixlip not Dublin.

Just to be pedantic on this :), the Dublin/Kildare boundary runs through the airfield, roughly two thirds of the land, including the restaurant and control tower is on the Dublin side, so everyone's right. The postal address is Leixlip because Leixlip is the nearest postal sorting area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Went in one evening with my girlfriend, had a lovely steak. Huge portions!

Advertisement