Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 for e45

• 30-01-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Theres an offer on in Argos. Any two xbox 360 games priced at 30e for 45e. Theres a decent selection.I picked up CMR Dirt & Rainbow Six Vegas. Also had the likes of PGR3, Crackdown and others.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

where is this at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Lamposts wrote: »
    where is this at?

Argos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

u can also get two bigger priced games for 55.

i got overlord and virtua tennis 3 for 55

considering gamestop,hmv etc charge 65.99 for overlord...its a great deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Dont get me started on gamestop.Gears of war still 70euro. WTF????The argos deal is good but excellent if you pick Colin mcrae dirt as 1 of the games.Thats 23euro for a new copy of a game only released a few months back.Best rally game ever IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Dont get me started on gamestop.Gears of war still 70euro. WTF????The argos deal is good but excellent if you pick Colin mcrae dirt as 1 of the games.Thats 23euro for a new copy of a game only released a few months back.Best rally game ever IMO

I reckon Colin Mcrae Dirt cood become a collectors item in few years and could rise in value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

colmranger wrote: »
    I reckon Colin Mcrae Dirt cood become a collectors item in few years and could rise in value.

Eh, what ?

Ive started playing it and im not massively impressive. Graphics are quite nice and the tracks look good but they are a bit boring. Maybe they get more interesting as you progress ? The handling on the cars is super slippy as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Tusky wrote: »
    The handling on the cars is super slippy as well.

Ya, it's like floating round on a hovercraft! weird, still a good game though.

What other games they have on offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

GF picked me up Tomb Raider:Anniversary and Call of Duty 2 for €45 for our anniversary!

I've seen TR:A for as much as €50, but the very least €40... deal any way you look at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

GF picked me up Tomb Raider:Anniversary and Call of Duty 2 for €45 for our anniversary!

I've seen TR:A for as much as €50, but the very least €40... deal any way you look at it!

COD 2 is much better than 3 imo.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Fieldog wrote: »

Definitely, COD2 was brilliant, first game i got for the 360!!!

Then i bought COD3 and played half way through it, before landing it on a shelf some where.... (Dont know where it is at the moment)

COD4 was a welcome return to form, online and offline!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

srdb20 wrote: »
    Definitely, COD2 was brilliant, first game i got for the 360!!!

Then i bought COD3 and played half way through it, before landing it on a shelf some where.... (Dont know where it is at the moment)

COD4 was a welcome return to form, online and offline!!!!
    Yeah - it's all down to the developers. Infinity Ward did COD 2 and COD 4. Someone else did COD3, and it shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Fieldog wrote: »

Never played 3. Played 2 back at launch, on hardcore, really enjoyed it, but it was never mine, I borrowed a friends copy!

Now I own it, back to the grind of Veteran!! Great game. Reason my interest was piqued again is that I rewatched Band of Brothers over Christmas!

TR:A is brilliant by the way. €30 by itself and worth every penny! If you enjoyed the early Tomb Raider (1, possibly 2) games that is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭niallispuresex

And the same people who did cod3 are going to do cod5, so therefore rubbish and console only.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

And the same people who did cod3 are going to do cod5, so therefore rubbish and console only.
    COD 5s coming to pc lol, developers said their trying to get pc developers as a job place

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭niallispuresex

I hope so, don't want to spark a which is better pc or xbox but i prefare cod on the pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Forza and Viva Pinata for €15.99 in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Dman001 wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30001&langId=-1&catalogId=1500001101&productId=1500195611&clickfrom=name
    Jaysus..thats some price..pity i dont live near an argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Dman001 wrote: »

There both god awful games I got them in a bundle with my first xbox at christmas and I thought they were truly terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Its generally accepted that forza 2 is a good race game.It did fairly well in all reviews ive read.I got those two games with my xbox as well and i must say i'm really enjoying playin forza at the mo.I hav'nt even played viva pinata so i'll reserve judgement....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Evolute wrote: »
    There both god awful games I got them in a bundle with my first xbox at christmas and I thought they were truly terrible.

Viva Pinata is one of the best games on the 360! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, Viva Pinata is anything *but* terrible. Great game.
    Forza 2 depends on what kind of racing games you like, wouldn't appeal to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Forza was pretty disappointing. Much preferred both DIRT and PGR4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

That's a pretty dogmatic statement. Both games are highly regarded. I don't care for Viva Pinata - but wouldn't slate it just because it's 'not my thing'. :rolleyes:
    Forza was pretty disappointing. Much preferred both DIRT and PGR4

Congratulations... you've realized that you prefer arcade racers. I recommend avoiding Grand Turismo and other driving simulators as well. :p

Try Burnout Paradise if you haven't already. A quality arcade racer with minor niggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i was doing up the shopfloor yesterday, putting out stock we are trying to clear

alot of games are gone down in price

c&c 3 xbox 37.69
    halo 2 pc 14.99

thats still 49 and 59 i see in some places :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

mcgovern wrote: »
    Viva Pinata is one of the best games on the 360! :eek:

My friend even gave it to his cousins (aged 7 to 13) and only one of them even said they enjoyed it and that was the 7 year old. To put it in the clear if giving my opinion is slating a game so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

To put it in the clear if giving my opinion is slating a game so be it.

You just sounded so certain your opinion was the truth you didn't bother to use an "in my opinion" disclaimer. Your statement flies in the face of pretty much every professional review of these games you claim to be "god awful".

Advertisement