Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gallop Marketing

• 30-01-2008 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi just looking for anyone who has worked for Gallop in Dublin. My brother just started there and I have seen a few mails saying they were dodgy to work for any info would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's a big thread in the Work & Jobs forum about Gallop.

Biz > Personal > Work & Jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fintinh2oya

:eek:get your brother out of there a.s.a.p. there's no basic wage... it's all commision only!!!!! and they'll want him to work 12-13 hour days!!! and they'll brain wash him by telling him he can have his own business in just 8 months:( there evil and sad sad people with devious minds. i'd suggest goen in for an interview yourself ither for a laugh or to find out for yourself what there like.
    i know alllll about these people.... if ya need any more info just ask.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gillyk

ho folks ive been offered a job with <snip> in cork and im just wondering if anyone has info on them i see the comments from dublin are they the same in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fintinh2oya

yep my experiance is of the one in cork. It was ither pamela, or keith that interviewed you wasn't it and You spent the day with one of the trainee manegers? Don't be FOOOLED. My advice is NOT to take that job. you'll work very long hours and make NO MONEY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 HuggedRugger

Thanks, asking for a friend who is looking at a job in cork. I cant seem to get into the thread on Biz > Personal > Work & Jobs to see what was said there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 loudwhisper

Yeh I had an interview, went on an observation day to see what they do. It is mostly door to door work (some business to business). Their commision isn't bad and the movement through the system seems fairly legit. Everyone seemed happy enough who worked for them, but I just think its too good to be true. Not entirely convinced. I asked why they don't give a wage as well as commision and they told me people would be sacked everyday from being complacent, not striving for sales and happy they were getting a wage. If that was the case everyone in a sales job would be on commision only and the turnover for a sales job would be rediculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mofa

Hi there ..just was looking up on the web about <snip> in Galway as I have interview with them tomorrow. After seeing the boards and read the comments...It looks that I have a lucky escape. Thanks. Will give them a call tomorrow and cancel the interview. I need a job so bad but I'm not going to knock at peoples doors and work for no wage. People in the country are already suffering from the recession. The last thing they need is pushy people at their door in the evening......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 loudwhisper

4 days I lasted and I managed to secure 7 sales. For the first two days I was partnered with a trainer which was fair enough. However, he wouldn't allow me to finish my pitch and would interupt. With everyone being on comission only, my trainer was just as eager to secure the sale...so he took mine! So I suggested bunny hopping in the next area (so as I could gain a sale alone!).

The next area had already been covered by <snip> had been there the day previous, so a bit of a waisted effort. After all the travelling round (up to an hours drive from the city) and no expenses paid, I began to eat into my own pocket. So I quit. It's been over a month and I'm still waiting on my money! DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE, ITS A SCAM!

Advertisement