Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outer Relief Road?

Options
  • 30-01-2008 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi so am not too sure if thats the name of the road i'm talking about that runs from the second m1exit up to housing estate(s) beside the graveyard...
    But seen a sign this morning saying Major roadworks on this road from Feb to Oct...
    Dreading to think what this is going to do to the traffic in the mornings as I presume road will have temporary traffic lights only allowing one lane of traffic through at a time.
    Anyone hear anything about the roadworks as I can't see anything on fingal co co site and when I phoned them they weren't too specific as to what will be happening.

thanks
    suzieb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

suzieb wrote: »
    the road i'm talking about that runs from the second m1exit up to housing estate(s) beside the graveyard
    2nd exit from which point and in which direction? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Sorry,
    The second exit for Balbriggan when you are coming from south of M1(wasn't sure of the name of the road
    The sign was at the start of the road when turn right at the traffic lights on the harry reynolds road(?) towards the m1...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

If the roadworks are on the Naul Rd -( the road from the Milestone, passed the graveyard to Naul(flying over the M1:)) then yes it would be chaos of scary proportions.

However if they are on The inner relief road ( Harry Reynolds road) on the part between the graveyard and the Castlelands/Church Roundabout then I imagine it shouldnt be too bad. Although are they not going to have to divert some of the town traffic onto the Inner relief road while they are doing the street improvements in the town??

Just expect total chaos and you might be pleasantly surprised. Just think of all the great CD,s you never have time to listen to - you can enjoy them on the lovely half mile/half hour journey from North West Balbriggan to the Naul Rd. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

Harry Reynolds road is the Inner relief road.
    Work is currently ongoing on the new 'Outer' relief road.

There's some links from Bluetonic on some of the other threads here (go back to about late November, December) to the area development plan based around the Naul road and Stephenstown.

In relation to the Naul road the Outer relief road will join at the Folkestown lane junction. This is the small road on the left (leaving Balbriggan) just after the crossroads at clonard. You'll have already seen all the fencing, this will roughly outline the new junction which will include a roundabout on the Naul road. Prepare for some major disruption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

A more detailed map is available here (http://www.fingalcoco.ie/Planning/LocalAreaPlans/StephenstownLAP/FileDownload,9264,en.pdf), the new section of the outer relief road being from the bottom center of the map to the bottom left of the map where it will join with the Naul road to form a new roundabout. A lot of the road structure on the map is still to be built, pretty much all over the Hill of Clonard and Clonard Hill.

Aside from this I see planning permission has gone in from the education minister for two new primary schools, one being a temporary building. One located in around Moylaragh (temp building) and one located up behind Wavin, both approx 16 class rooms,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭clg23

15 square km of warehouses and 3 story apartment blocks lining the Naul Road.. same old story for balbriggan...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

New roundabout is now open.

Traffic disruption was minimum IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Outer Relief road is open

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Irjudge1 wrote: »
    Outer Relief road is open
    Probably will get very little use over the next few months until the traffic disruption in the town is finished, and to be honest can't see it being used a lot until the Castleland to R127 section is completed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Used the newly opened section this morning, very handy for me and saves going to Balrothery and cutting across Bowhill to the Naul Road.

Advertisement