Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RROD: 13 month old xbox, shop or microsoft?

• 30-01-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Guys, my thirteen month old 360 has unexpectedly passed away this evening, he only ever saw about 80 hours of gameplay in his short time on earth.

Will the shop tell me to get lost if I look for a replacement after 13 months, or will I have to go through MS and wait weeks for a refurbished one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

its worth asking the shop first, a friend of mine had his die two weeks after it was a year old and they replaced it no questions asked.

the worst they can do is say no, in which case your entitled to a microsoft repair anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I'd best dig out my finest plastic tesco bag for tomorrow morning so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

im goin to trade mine in for the elite even though it only 3 months old, i dont want it to die

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

im goin to trade mine in for the elite even though it only 3 months old, i dont want it to die
    although mine has died and been repaired i'm thinkin of doin the same. what kind of trade in value is out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I turned it on this morning before work and it was working, no rrod. Is there such a thing as a temporary rrod?

• Advertisement

Nephew wrote: »
    I turned it on this morning before work and it was working, no rrod. Is there such a thing as a temporary rrod?

yep! same thing happened to me. its only a (short) matter of time before its permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

If you have proof of purchase, you are legally entitled to a replacement/repair/refund from the point of purchase, regardless of whether it's been over a year since purchase and regardless of whatever warranties Microsoft offer. You are not obliged to deal with Microsoft directly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

If you have proof of purchase, you are legally entitled to a replacement/repair/refund from the point of purchase, regardless of whether it's been over a year since purchase and regardless of whatever warranties Microsoft offer. You are not obliged to deal with Microsoft directly.

I would have thought that was for your statutory rights. If the manufacturer extends a warranty after you've bought it from a shop why should the shop have to go through the expense of messing about with it after the original warranty is up?

With that said though I'd imagine the shop will help you out as their process should be pretty straightforward for the 360.

speedfreak wrote: »
    although mine has died and been repaired i'm thinkin of doin the same. what kind of trade in value is out there?

gamestop give you 260 for it, you can trade in the games you get with the elite to drop the price, or if you have loads of games you dont want trade them in with it and youl be paying feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

gamestop give you 260 for it, you can trade in the games you get with the elite to drop the price, or if you have loads of games you dont want trade them in with it and youl be paying feck all

What do you need for to get that 260 off gamestop? As in how many games, box etc

How much is an elite there and what do you get with it?

• Advertisement

What do you need for to get that 260 off gamestop? As in how many games, box etc

How much is an elite there and what do you get with it?

you need your console,1 controller, wired headset, ethernet cable, scart cable, and the power cable. basically everything that came with your 360 apart from free controllers and games. giving them games is optional, im not sure of the price of the elite at the moment, its around 450 with 2 controllers and a few free games, you can trade the games straight away to reduce the price

cool..any idea against a PS3. half considering one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thedreadedlurgy

I would have thought that was for your statutory rights. If the manufacturer extends a warranty after you've bought it from a shop why should the shop have to go through the expense of messing about with it after the original warranty is up?

With that said though I'd imagine the shop will help you out as their process should be pretty straightforward for the 360.

Very good point but Its not as straight forward as it may seem. While there is a contract between the customer & the shop some of the manufacturers (sony, hp & Microsoft) do not want to deal with the resellers or their agents at all & insist on dealing with the customer directly as this improves their own response time & service issues.

I work for a electronics / computer store in Swords & would encounter the issue a couple of times each week

This makes the whole process drag out resulting in delays for the customer as they expect the shop to look after them & have the unit repaired/replaced asap but it may take up 4 weeks or longer for it to be returned instead of 2 weeks if the customer contacts the manufacturer directly.

I had a customer who contacted Microsoft as his Xbox 360, which was 3 months old had the rrod issue. 2 months & 7 calls to Microsoft later still no collection.

Unit was brought into store, Microsoft would not deal with us as they repeatedly asked to speak to the owner of unit. Eventually unit was collected & repaired & returned within the week.

I don't promote it but i have been instructing some of our customers that dealing directly with the manufacturers or tech guys(pc-worlds tech support) actually results in a much faster turnaround which is true as i have noticed that some repairs take less than 5 days to be resolved indicating that there is not a problem with the laptop been repaired in a timely fashion except for sony who can take all year to sort an issue out

Read the following if u want mambo jumbo i had a few drinks tonight.

been awake all night as smoke alarm which is hooked up to the mains electricity throughout the house keeps going off every 20 minutes i cant relax......the ****ing thing is faulty, was never able to have a sly smoke in the house as the alarm would go off for no reason. I have three of them in the house, 1 in the kitchen, 1 in the hall & 1 on the landing. the noise is very frustrating If one goes off all of them go off at more or less the same time. Nothing but ****e.

what a load of bollox. Waffler big time. Not in bed yet y ?????? fire alarms in house keep going off every 20 minutes cant sleep at all head is wrecked.

What a load of bolllox post sorry lads

Jesus

Advertisement