Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to advertise Bike

Options
  • 30-01-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi lads, I have a race bike gathering dust in my house which I'm looking to sell. It's a good quality bike but I'm not sure where to sell it, it's a serious road bike, not for kids or the commute to work. Can anyone recommend a place to advertise where I'll get realistic offers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

www.adverts.ie
    www.gumtree.ie

Hey, if it's a quality bike and it seems to be, then post it here.
    From reading this forum, the mods don't want ordinary bikes on sale here but if it's top of the range and interesting then you might be able to post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭conorgriff

micmclo wrote: »
    www.adverts.ie
    www.gumtree.ie

Hey, if it's a quality bike and it seems to be, then post it here.
    From reading this forum, the mods don't want ordinary bikes on sale here but if it's top of the range and interesting then you might be able to post it here.

Worth a go I suppose, I'll start a new thread. I was just asking coz when I advertise in buyandsell etc you get lads calling offering €100 just wasting time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I deliberatly left out buy & sell for that very reason.
    Of course on adverts.ie it's rare you get your asking price either.

But you don't get ridiculous bids at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Probably worth posting here too:

http://www.mtbireland.com
    http://www.epicmtb.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think its no harm having it in Buy & Sell, just disregard the wasters (I know I look there as well as gumtree.)

Bear in mind that a second hand bike is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it and depreciation on bikes is massive. (New bikes these days seem to be getting steadily cheaper and better-specced year on year.)

So while €100 is a waster you still may not get what you think it is "worth."

• Advertisement
Advertisement