Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

toyota avensis oil consumption

Options
  • 31-01-2008 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

I've heard that there can be problems with 2001 toyota avensis 1.6 vvti, burning a lot of oil, has anyone experience of this?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yup, i have a corolla that use to burn oil.
    Reason I found it was burning oil was because most garages will put 10/40 oil into them. The recommended oil is 5/30 Fully synth.
    I went to motor factors and there was an oil for "Modern Ford Engines" and when I tried that it was fine and never a problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

kerash wrote: »
    I've heard that there can be problems with 2001 toyota avensis 1.6 vvti, burning a lot of oil, has anyone experience of this?

Well documented. Many had their blocks replaced by toyota to cure the prob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

maidhc wrote: »
    Well documented. Many had their blocks replaced by toyota to cure the prob.

+1

There was a recall for this engine but this was at least 3yrs ago but give your nearest Toyota garage a call and see if this still can be done.

Advertisement