Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a replacement flat screen be got for an Imac?

Options
  • 31-01-2008 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was handed an Imac for repair like sample pict. It has a thick white line about 1 1/4" in the screen from top top bottom as soon as its powered up. It will not go away. Dose this mean a screen replacement or is the whole computer knacked? can a replacement screen be got for them and if so who supplies? Cheers.

imac-off.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭TheThreeDegrees

Mactivate are an Apple authorised reseller.
    They are on the northside somewhere.

But I am forewarning you that if you bring an item in for repair there make sure you know its exact condition before leaving it there.

I had an ipod in for battery replacement and it came out with a huge gash across the facia..and it was one of the classic ipods that you couldnt replace the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Mactivate are an Apple authorised reseller.
    They are on the northside somewhere.

But I am forewarning you that if you bring an item in for repair there make sure you know its exact condition before leaving it there.

I had an ipod in for battery replacement and it came out with a huge gash across the facia..and it was one of the classic ipods that you couldnt replace the screen.
    Thanks. I think with this thing anything is better than the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

TBH unless its under warranty, and you want to keep the warranty, dont bother with mactvate etc etc. Personally, bearing in mind the generally laughable prices some places charge, even if it was under warranty Id do it myself.

Open the unit, get the model number of the panel, search for it (froogle and ebay) and voila! Oh an at the very least, you will be able to sell the old panel for the backlight.

Advertisement