Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watching Videos Off External HD

• 31-01-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Been using my external hdd to watch videos for a while now and it awesome... Anyone else doing this get the problem sometimes that for some reason some videos have a red negative circle next to them and give an error for playback? Anyone know if there is a way around this?
    Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

convert them using pocketdivxencoder .. a free download .. change the output to monitor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just a quick question regarding playing movies off a hdd...

Have a media disk I use for watching videos on the tv but it's full and I need some more space. How do I format a new hdd so that the Xbox will recognise it? It doesn't recognise my current one. Will any external drive be able to work with the 360 once it's formatted properly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

download http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/download/fat32format.zip and format ur external hd to fat32 .. xbox will read then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

You will need to format it to the HFS+ file system (mac filesystem) if you want to be able to put files > 4gb on it, eg HD-WMV files.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

This tutorial helped me convert to HFS+, I have a 500gb Seagate and the tutorial writer used the same hd, lucky me. I'll try the convert to pocketdivxconverter... what do you mean change the output to monitor/>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Was in the middle of watching a film when it popped up with a compatability issue. Status Code: 69-80070017

Now I get the red symbols next to the files too which makes no sense because it was working. Anybody else experience this? Googling that code has returned nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Yeah googling it didnt help me either... Weird...

Advertisement