Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapelizod Bypass

Options
  • 31-01-2008 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

hi

Does anybody know if their are plans to remodel/remove the traffic lights at palmerstown as part of the M50/N4 upgrade? As anyone who has the misfortune to travel this route knows these lights have always been the biggest culprit as regards the tail backs on the bypass west bound and not the junction with the M50.

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

hi

Does anybody know if their are plans to remodel/remove the traffic lights at palmerstown as part of the M50/N4 upgrade? As anyone who has the misfortune to travel this route knows these lights have always been the biggest culprit as regards the tail backs on the bypass west bound and not the junction with the M50.
    cheers
    No man they aren't doing that. Policy is not to have any major road building projects in the DCC council area (inside the M50), so it probably won't happen in the foreseeable future either. Also any major upgrade here would increase even further the community severance in Palmerstown. Plus I don't totally agree that it's the cause of the tailbacks, the M50 and Newcastle Rd junctions are way worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Pittabang

Agree Newcastle Junction is The Devils Toe Jam. Thankfully work is underway to remove the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

spacetweek wrote: »
    Plus I don't totally agree that it's the cause of the tailbacks, the M50 and Newcastle Rd junctions are way worse.

Have to disagree with that 100%. Those lights have always been the single biggest problem for motorists leaving the city to travel west. The same as the small set of lights at the red cow in have always been the biggest problem for the people heading south on the N7, although people blamed the M50 junction. I have often spent 45 minutes getting from the GAA club at Inchicore to the palmerstown lights. Am I right in saying the freeflow aspect of the N4 west/ M50 is almost fully operational? If so there were still 30 min + tailbacks last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Proposed upgrades for the N4 including the Newcastle Rd junction.
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/index.aspx?pageid=939&pid=4046

Work has just started on this. Should make a huge difference once completed but will probably be hell once construction proper starts.

Advertisement