Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Hawaii

• 31-01-2008 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

What are the qualifying times for age groupers in an Ironman to qualify for Ironman Hawaii?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

It's not done on times. Each qualifying race has a certain number of slots. These are dividing out among the age groups in proportion to the number of athletes competing in each group. So for example M30-34 might have 3 slots in a given race. The first three people to finish from that age group get offered a Kona place. If they refuse it goes to the roll down, where the 4th person is offered and so on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I know I'm looking forward to Tara Nolan ripping up Hawaii this year.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Phil01

There are a few other irish athlethes in the mix too to beat Trevor Woods record this year. And they will do it.

I imagine he is also able to beat his current time. AFAIK he is off to Roth this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement