Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thats some Wind

Options
  • 31-01-2008 2:23am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was out on the bike a while ago and its very very windy out there,the west must be getting a nice hit.Anybody out west...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Our two bins went flying down the road about 20 mins ago along with the neighbours. Good thing the rubbish was collected from one this morning, and the other was empty!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Just back from a Drive up the Wicklow mountains nearly got blown into a ditch! very dangerous out atm!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

fairly windy in Donegal, but there's been a lot worse nights over the last few weeks. the worse of it might still reach here later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

There's a savage wind blowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

here in raheny its blowing a stink. just got a new hall door fitted and the air tight threads arent on it yet so im freezing even with the heat on. i have towels on the floor as draught excluders:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Banner_girl

Getting some battering now...just saw a large plastic recycling bank pass the window...still electricity though...surprisingly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

here in raheny its blowing a stink. just got a new hall door fitted and the air tight threads arent on it yet so im freezing even with the heat on. i have towels on the floor as draught excluders:o

I drove through Raheny on my way home and some areas had no electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Here in Australia it's calm as can be and in the early 30s :D

Dub13 wrote: »
    I drove through Raheny on my way home and some areas had no electricity.

no way:eek: whereabouts. it actually feels like its getting stronger too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Just in from driving, and I must say its fairly windy alright. Car was dieing to go into the ditch for the night. :D

• Advertisement

Show off!! Only thing early warm here is d hot water bottle im wrapped around!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Xavi6 wrote: »

Ahh yeah thats it rub it in! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm in the north west and it's sounds windy as fuck out.

no way:eek: whereabouts. it actually feels like its getting stronger too

The black out started when I passed the Texaco heading out of town on the Howth road,the hole of the village was also out.Once I went past the dart station everything was back to normal.

We dont care.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Ah ffs.. it's only a wee bit of a breeze down in the south-mid west.. Ya most have no blood Banner girl.. or else you're perched on the edge of the cliffs..

The black out started when I passed the Texaco heading out of town on the Howth road,the hole of the village was also out.Once I went past the dart station everything was back to normal.

thank god.im just off the springdale road. were there any tree's down on the howth road

Ah no, im not on d edge ders a whole mile and a half between us!!

thank god.im just off the springdale road. were there any tree's down on the howth road

No nothing down just a load of tool car drivers who are to used to driving in the city and don't know how to drive with no street lights.

No nothing down just a load of tool car drivers who are to used to driving in the city and don't know how to drive with no street lights.

:D aye they are a pain alright. thats grand there wont [hopefully] be any destruction in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

very windy here in roscommon

mayo and galway have blown into the sea :eek:

rossie1977 wrote: »
    mayo and galway have blown into the sea :eek:

That can only be a good thing right...?

Im saying nothing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Bit like when the west side of Craggy Island was lost in the mid 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

fairy bad in galway alright havent been blown into sea yet;)
    my neighbour putting new roof on shed im just waiting for the f**king thing to land in in top of me:eek:

Fe*kin neighbour saw light on and came in lookin for the bloody dog-hope he has a life jacket :D

Bit like when the west side of Craggy Island was lost in the mid 90s.

That was great.

I cant imagine what its like to live on an Island on a night like tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. am in Sligo and it sounds fecking brutal out there!

PS - anyone know if it's due to stay this way for the next few days? Am flying from Sligo - Dublin on Friday morning and then from Dublin to Italy - any implications on flights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stance

It's getting really windy ,here in lovely Manchester

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    PS - anyone know if it's due to stay this way for the next few days? Am flying from Sligo - Dublin on Friday morning and then from Dublin to Italy - any implications on flights?

I heard its meant to be snowing in Dublin on Friday.

Advertisement