Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prestige mode

• 31-01-2008 3:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭

im level 55 in CoD4 for the pc and im trying like mad to get 100% of the challenges and then i hear you cant do prestige in the pc version of CoD4!!! is this true? if not then whats the point of trying. i might just aswell stick to the P90 and spray and pray!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Im pretty sure there is no prestige mode in Cod4, but if you complete all the assault rifles challenges you get a golden ak :) And who wouldnt want that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Prestige mode is ONLY on consoles for some bizzare reason.
    You unlock a prestige badge at lvl 55 if you choose to do so,you then go back to normal weapons and off you go again to 55 for another badge and so on.
    You can unlock 10 prestige badges so thats lvl 55 ten times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I had originally said I wasn't going to bother with the Prestige stuff but as I'm now lvl 55 with nowhere else to go I may as well do it. Do all your challenges stay as they are or do they get reset as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

What's "Prestige Mode" anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

djkeogh wrote: »
    I had originally said I wasn't going to bother with the Prestige stuff but as I'm now lvl 55 with nowhere else to go I may as well do it. Do all your challenges stay as they are or do they get reset as well?

Everything gets reset, I have shirked on doing it as I can't see any point besides a stupid badge. I'm working on red tiger camo and golden rpk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive got badge number 3 out of ten but im not going to bother for any more after i hit 55 this time,gonna do challenges instead which reminds me ive got challenges to do on pc version too,wish i had more time for gaming.

Dcully wrote: »
    [...] wish i had more time for gaming.
    Don't we all! Poxy work... :mad:

Yeah damm work proxy blocking connections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Yeah , damn work ! ...................................oh wait ...I forgot I don't work .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

jonski wrote: »
    Yeah , damn work ! ...................................oh wait ...I forgot I don't work .

same here high five o/ :)

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »
    Banned

Grim. wrote: »
    Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭niallispuresex

What's the point in repeating leveling up?
    And i got the golden ak 5 weeks ago and have only used it twice, biggest waste of time getting it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

Grim. wrote: »

\o

What's the point in repeating leveling up?
    And i got the golden ak 5 weeks ago and have only used it twice, biggest waste of time getting it....

Your e-penis goes from this

=========|)

to this

===========|)

krazy_8s wrote: »
    Your e-penis goes from this

=========|)

to this

===========|)
    LOL krazy_8s! :D

Post of the week award! ;)

Really?
    Course not! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Im pretty sure there is no prestige mode in Cod4, but if you complete all the assault rifles challenges you get a golden ak :) And who wouldnt want that

How do you get the Gold Desert Eagle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Level 55.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Ah, I didn't know that all the challenges would get reset. Dunno If I'd be into going through all the challenges I've already done as some of them I did have to try hard to get.

I was looking to finish each weapon and move on to a new one but this is clearly pointless if I start over. Decisions decisions.

If I decide not to when I finish level 55 do I get the choice to go down the prestige road later on or is that it?

djkeogh wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't know that all the challenges would get reset. Dunno If I'd be into going through all the challenges I've already done as some of them I did have to try hard to get.

I was looking to finish each weapon and move on to a new one but this is clearly pointless if I start over. Decisions decisions.

If I decide not to when I finish level 55 do I get the choice to go down the prestige road later on or is that it?

You will always have the choice to go down the prestige route at 55, until you do it ten times.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

krazy_8s wrote: »
    You will always have the choice to go down the prestige route at 55, until you do it ten times.

THen what happens.

I was wondering how many hours of playtime would you need to complete each level 55 ten times ?

Regards

Silverski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭maxitwist

silverski wrote: »
    THen what happens.

I was wondering how many hours of playtime would you need to complete each level 55 ten times ?

Regards

Silverski

well my friend took 2days to get to 55 the first time so 20days, 20x24= 480hours. Yikes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm at level 55 and wondering whether or not to do prestige mode. Do you move up levels faster in prestige mode? I like the idea of a challenge but i don't like the idea of playing for day's on end to get my baretta back!

Lets be clear on this,

*You can only do prestige mode on the x-box 360/PS3 version.

*You can do it at lvl55.

*It wipes all your Challenges and Unlocks.

*You level like normal.

*All you get out of it is a different badge each time you do it.

*You can do it ten times.

*You don't get anything at the end of the ten times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

480 thats maddness

Advertisement