Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fountain closed due to sudz...lol

• 31-01-2008 6:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

those pesky kids have filled the fountain with fairy liquid again. walkin back from poker room,housemate says the entire square is white.
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭gazman59

ha it happens a lot around here haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

also the barriers at the corner of superquinn were pulled down during the night! ah love for living in a student town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

havent had a good swim in that fountain in ages....

true, you, me, fountain, rag week? sound cool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The_B_Man wrote: »
    havent had a good swim in that fountain in ages....

Imitating a beached whale is not swimming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,650 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

AWWW I was working during the bikini party last year thanks for ****ing reminding me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

aynon wrote: »
    also the barriers at the corner of superquinn were pulled down during the night! ah love for living in a student town!

Yeah.....who ever done that should feel proud of themselves! :mad:

yea its bad enough the county officials already hate us enough without people doing stupid **** like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I believe the suds sometimes are actually cleaning it, from when some druken muppet has yakked up a vile mix of vodka red bull and half chewed kebab into it! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Solberg2005

When is rag week in carlow?

• Advertisement

18th Feb. tho it starts on the sunday night!!

also, jumpa, there was no beach whale-ism any time i've been in it. except for maybe that time i got caught in the tree sculpture in the middle. FYI kids, dont climb it! the corners are razor sharp!!

thats a defense mechanism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

nerin wrote: »
    those pesky kids have filled the fountain with fairy liquid again. walkin back from poker room,housemate says the entire square is white.
    :D

Ah, it's good to see some things never change. They were doing that when I was in college in '98 and doing it when my brother who was there before me. It's like a tradition now. *wipes tear of fond remembrance from eye*

humanji wrote: »
    Ah, it's good to see some things never change. They were doing that when I was in college in '98 and doing it when my brother who was there before me. It's like a tradition now. *wipes tear of fond remembrance from eye*
    the fountain you swam in must of been the old shaws fountain, was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Don't tell me they've replaced it?

well theres the liberity tree(which is there now, and the old shaws fountain(which was replaced)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lidgend

Starts now.. what i am goin to see some poor sole being thrown in. Kind of ruins everything

Already seen someone wandering around Leveretts completely drenched :) and one fairy lad in a hoola skirt... and Spiderman!

And now my head hurts..

hoola skirt and an inflatable sheep!

i came back after tuesday night. still dyin! what a week tho! Theres only one word for The Cellar....MESSY!!! but in a good way!! its a feckin deathtrap!! so much fun!! at one stage me and me mate left to go to scraggs for a break!! mental!! dyin now, but WORTH IT!!

also, ppl dont get thrown into the fountain, they voluntarily just get into it and have a walk around!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Walking home from the pub,it wasn't uncommon to see people peeing in it.I used to prefer when it was full of suds:)

Thankfully, I haven't been in that fountain since the night 19th birthday day:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement