Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rag Week

• 31-01-2008 9:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

well, i presume you've all seen the poster for rag week?

what does everyone think? what ya gonna head to?

the wedding being on in luna again is a bit of a sickner, even though it was good enough there last year i think it shouldn't be in the same 2 years in a row.

the free bar sounds interesting thursday night, €50 in and free drink all night

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Louth4sam

ffs not Luna again. Where is the afters on do you know?

€50 for the Thursday is a bit of a gamble. Sure its only €2 a drink so why are people gonna pay way more than that? Also that doesn't suit people that dont drink a lot or at all. Are many of those gonna pay €50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Louth4sam wrote: »
    ffs not Luna again. Where is the afters on do you know?

€50 for the Thursday is a bit of a gamble. Sure its only €2 a drink so why are people gonna pay way more than that? Also that doesn't suit people that dont drink a lot or at all. Are many of those gonna pay €50?

the afters is on in silence if i remember correctly, yeh the €50 is a bit of a sickner as i was planning on maybe driving to it so paying 50 in to not drink is a bit much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Louth4sam

Silence is far too small for a any kind of crowd in my opinion. Walkways are too narrow and always massive queues at bars. Sky, the fairways or even amber would have been better options.
    Something strange about the whole silence deal if you ask me, with it as the "official" DKITSU night club. What do the SU or more importantly the students get in return?

Louth4sam wrote: »
    Silence is far too small for a any kind of crowd in my opinion. Walkways are too narrow and always massive queues at bars. Sky, the fairways or even amber would have been better options.
    Something strange about the whole silence deal if you ask me, with it as the "official" DKITSU night club. What do the SU or more importantly the students get in return?

SU probably get sponsorship money to hold balls there and in turn use it for the students, to be honest I think this SU is the best in a long time for students, in relation to student social activities the su isnt great, the last female vice president was great for student social activities.

the fairways was terrible last year so it was, but i agree with you sky is a better spot and silence with a crowd is torture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Do people drink in the college during the day for Rag Week or anything, i was hoping everyone would just be drunk in college, don't want to go out in Dundalk, too much hassle...

• Advertisement

FunkZ wrote: »
    Do people drink in the college during the day for Rag Week or anything, i was hoping everyone would just be drunk in college, don't want to go out in Dundalk, too much hassle...

yeh there does be plenty of drunk people in the college bar during the day, see ya there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

do you still do any of the charity stuff?

zAbbo wrote: »
    do you still do any of the charity stuff?

its all in aid of charity

Sounds good then, dunken indoor football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How much for tickets?

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    How much for tickets?

Wedding is €20

THursday is €50 but free bar

Is it possible to say pay at the door for Monday's events like the comedians and then at the door for the night club that night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

What's the deal with classes during Rag Week?

I'd assumed it was a week off, but was told today lecturers will be in as normal :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

smemon wrote: »

I'd assumed it was a week off, but was told today lecturers will be in as normal :confused:

Heh, they say that every year :)

Some lectures will have tutorial classes, mainly due to the lack of numbers.

I always found it a handy insight into any upcoming exams, but I'd clarify with the lecture first, if he's going to show up.

Is it possible to say pay at the door for Monday's events like the comedians and then at the door for the night club that night?

yeh monday and tuesday nights are grand you wont need a ticket, the events during the day you just pay into as well.
    smemon wrote: »

it used to be on during the lecterers further education week so that there'd be no college anyway but the SU believe everyone will go home if theres no college, slightly annoying because nearly all the lecturers i had took there classes

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

most of our lecturers have said they cant say they wont take class - but that if we dont turn up there is nothing they can do about it :D so im taking that as no class !! wohoo - also no coll this thursday either for me due to the conference happy days :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I hear big Ians a big fan of the canteen Curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

Is the free bar on all night or just for a few hours? n do i have to book the eating comp

Jimbobak47 wrote: »
    Is the free bar on all night or just for a few hours? n do i have to book the eating comp

best to ask the student union directly, for €50 the bar in the nightclub should be free all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Apparently it's only a few hours. I don't remember who told me though.

• Advertisement

I'm never gonna get any work done in college. Missed this week, and I'll be drunk next week. Jaysus!

im...LOST wrote: »
    Apparently it's only a few hours. I don't remember who told me though.

it thats true then its a rip off

Either way, I've heard people say that with the queues at the bar they'd be lucky to get 2 drinks before the night's out. I can honestly see that it would be crazy.

I suppose you'd have to make those two trips count, eh?

"3 pints of Vodka please" :D

yeh the wednesday and the thursday nights will be too packed to enjoy anyway, during the day does be the best craic

Paying 50 for a "free bar" is insane. You wouldn't spend 50 on a normal student night out in Amber or Silence.

true, its usually 2 or 3 euro a drink, usually just drunk enough goin in so that twenty to thirty euro will serve ya grand and thats including buyina a round!

did any one here why the mystery ball was cancelled ???

lilyrose wrote: »
    did any one here why the mystery ball was cancelled ???

probably didnt sell enough tickets

well for €50 a pop you can understand that !!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

DKIT was on RTÉ News this evening, because of the hugging record attempt. Was that part of Rag Week? It looks like it made some good money for charity.

Aye it was on Tuesday, did anyone see the bend on Tuesday in the college bar? They were feckin' animal!

ah i'm missing it all, anger building!! was in ardee yesterday, such a drunken mess of people falling about the town at 6, students are a disgrace

lilyrose wrote: »
    well for €50 a pop you can understand that !!:D

ye its been changed to a "Playboy" ball on in silence, €10 in

draffodx wrote: »
    ye its been changed to a "Playboy" ball on in silence, €10 in

It's Park Inn which afaik is "sky" not silence. They have a bus going from the Malt house so that suggests that it is away from the norm.

im...LOST wrote: »
    It's Park Inn which afaik is "sky" not silence. They have a bus going from the Malt house so that suggests that it is away from the norm.

ah my mistake, always get them two mixed up :o

• Advertisement

Ah I'm not going, bollocks, I've only been to college one day this week. Lazy.

What a week. Bring on next year.

What a week. Bring on next year.

i might run for vice president, i'd put on a hell of a rag week! will ya's all vote for me?

Nope, sorry man!

Nah I will sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Young Catholic

It's Lent. Many students may stay off the drink. Some actually will. Why don't ya keep the €50 etc etc for a 'rainy day'. Go to a gig, have a game of football, but pretty stupid if you just blow money on booze. The SU won't care either way.

• Advertisement

a slice of the money would have went to charity though

Advertisement