Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adams Not for president

Options
  • 31-01-2008 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

Newstalk 106FM has spent the whole of this morning providing snippits of an exclusive interview with Gerry Adams on the Falls Road in Belfast regarding his intentions (or not) at becoming the next President of the Republic of Ireland.

From Newstalk "Adams for President - "Never" run for the Aras says Sinn Fein leader ~ Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams says under no circumstances will he ever make a bid to become President of...07:29"

But may I ask "Was he ever a contender in the first place"? considering his murky past, carrying the coffins of IRA Bombers and openly supporting the terrorist campaign of the last 35 years, plus the fact that he himself may, or may not? have been actively involved with the actions of the Provo's.

I could never have seen him been taken seriously anyway as a candidate for our President, although & needless to say that IRA & Sinn Fein voters have in recent years 'Hyped Up' his chances big time, but in the real world he was a total non-starter as a candidate, wasnt he?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

there's 'running' (Ron Paul) and then there's 'electable' (McCain)....two very different things

just so as to clear up any confusion, I too would like to make it clear that I will never run for the presidency

Advertisement